Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 1.0.0-pre.3
Found in [Package]
[XR Interaction Toolkit] XRRayInteractor interacts with Interactables when the GameObject is behind UI element
1. Open the attached project "case_1312217.zip"
2. Load the "UI Interaction" scene
3. Enter Play mode
4. Try grabbing the red cube GameObject behind UI using XR controller
Expected result: XR controller cannot interact with the red cube
Actual result: XR controller grabs the red cube
Reproducible with: XR Interaction Toolkit (2019.4.18f1, 2020.2.4f1, 2021.1.0b6, 2021.2.0a4)
Could not test with 2018.4.30f1 (XR Interaction Toolkit not available)
- Oculus Touch Controller
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Resolution Note (fix version 1.0.0-pre.3):
This has now been fixed. As an important point of clarification, a UI element must have a "Tracked Device Graphic Raycaster" component to block interactions with the objects behind it. When adding GameObjects for UI, if you use the XR submenu, this will be part of the object automatically. Otherwise, you will have to add this component separately.