Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 0.10.0-preview.3
Found in [Package]
[XR Interaction Toolkit] SelectingInteractor variable is null after OnSelectEnter is triggered
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project ("UnityBugOnSelectEnterCallback.zip")
2. Open SampleScene scene
3. Enter Play mode
4. Pick up the cube with the right controller
5. Open Console window
Expected result: SelectingInteractor is equal to a reference of the Interactor that has triggered the OnSelectEnter
Actual result: SelectingInteractor is null
Reproducible with: 2019.3.9f1 (0.9.3), 2020.1.0b5 (0.9.4), 2020.2.0a7 (0.9.4)
Could not test with: 2017.4.39f1 (Packages are not present), 2018.4.20f1 (No XR Interaction package)
- Tested with Oculus Rift
Apr 26, 2021 16:14
Hi, I'm getting a similar issue which isn't fixed:
public override bool IsSelectableBy(XRBaseInteractor interactor)
bool IsAlreadyGrabbed = selectingInteractor && interactor.Equals(selectingInteractor);
return base.IsSelectableBy(interactor) && IsAlreadyGrabbed;
this scrips is inheriting from XRGrabInteractable and when I grab something its saying selectingInteractor is null.
im using Unity version 2019.4.17 and the XR INTERACTION TOOLKIT version 0.10.0-preview.7.
Thanks in advance.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Resolution Note (fix version 0.10.0-preview.3):
This issue has been fixed in a future version of XR Interaction.
Fixed with 2019.4.14f1 (0.10.0-preview.7)