Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 1.4.X
Found in [Package]
XR head tracking lost when lost focus with action-based TrackedPoseDriver on Android
-Background: MSFT reported to XR team that with new action-based Tracked pose driver, Camera becomes head-locked when 2D overlay app is opened on Holoens2. This regression started happening since Input system 1.1.x and head tracking works fine in 1.0.2 package. This is a huge blocker for their MRTK v3 adoption.
-Discussion: from the discussion with input team, 1.1.x introduced completely reworked focus handling behavior and introduced the RunInBackground rules, which caused the regression. Slack thread: https://unity.slack.com/archives/C09Q7LYP9/p1642567199067700. Desktop/UWP platform can work around this issue by enabling Run In Background in player setting for short-team fix. But for Android platform. it is not possible to work around it since no RunInBackground option available. I also tried to force backgroundBehavior = ignoreFocus in script on Android, still not working.
For short term fix: Head tracking pose/input data should keep running regardless of the background state.
For long term: we need a clear way for the input system to know the differences between visibility lost on the headset or input lost, which are two discreet stats in OpenXR. With Visibility off, all input can be ceased, but if Visibility is on, the headset must keep tracking.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Nested checked Menu items return incorrect values when the checking function button is not at the same level
- [VFX Graph] Subgraph error message does not re-appear after reload until graph is dirty
- [VFX Graph] When saving graph with a shortcut (CTRL +S) in graph error does not appear until graph is dirty
- [Android][IL2CPP] Player of a specific project crashes when launching it
- [Android] Keyboard gets hidden when the input field area is clicked and TouchScreenKeyboard.hideInput is set to true