Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Duplicate in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.3.X
[XR][Built-in RP][Surface Shader] UNITY_SETUP_STEREO_EYE_INDEX_POST_VERTEX is missing from custom surface shader
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a VR template project or download the project from the attached Google Drive
2. Install Oculus plugin through XR-plugin management
3. Setup a simple scene that uses a reflection probe
4. Create a new Standard Surface Shader, crank up the associated material's Smoothness and Metallic to make it reflective, and apply it to a cube inside the reflection probe
5. Switch "Render Mode" under the currently active device in XR Plug-in Management to "Multiview"
6. Deploy the application to the headset. Move your head around and observe the reflection on the shiny cube
Expected result: the reflection probe cubemap is sampled from different view angles in left/right eyes, creating a reflection with depth on the cubes.
Actual result: the reflection probe cubemap is sampled from the same view angle in left/right eyes, creating a flat reflection on the cubes.
Reproducible in: 2019.4.36f1, 2020.3.27f1, 2021.2.14f1, 2022.1.0b9, 2022.2.0a6
N/A, Oculus (Quest 2), Android 10, CPU: Snapdragon XR2, GPU: Adreno (TM) 650
-The difference would be subtle if only comparing screenshots, it's best to put on a headset and observe
-This issue does not reproduce with Standard shader, you will need to use a new surface shader
-In multiview rendering mode the world space camera position value is the same in both eyes, resulting all view dependent fragment shading to be incorrect. This includes reflection, parallax mapping, specular lighting, etc.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnActiveBuildTargetChanged is not called when changing the build platform
- Silent crash when scripts are recompiled on a specific project
- [Android] Video freezes when built for Android with specific project
- UI element is not displayed when Canvas Render Mode is set to Screen Space-Overlay
- Editor crashes on libetc_init when changing WebGL Texture Format to "RGB + 1-bit Alpha Compressed ETC2 4 bits"