Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
[TerrainTexturing] Changes in terrain texture layers are not reflected on lower mipmap levels
Steps to repro:
1. Open Unity;
2. Create new project;
3. Extract attached 'terrainTextureBug' package;
4. Open 'test' scene;
5. Notice that there is a scene with 2-layered textures drawn on top of main texture layer;
6. In the 'Assets' folder select 'New Terrain' asset file and click on the arrow at the right side of the icon;
7. Select SplatAlpha0 element of the New Terrain asset;
8. Drag the mipmap slider in the Inspector;
9. Notice that textures drawn on top of the main texture are not rendered on mip-levels lower than mip0 (see attached actual.png screenshot);
10. Scroll out in the scene view.
Terrain textures drawn on top of the main texture are only rendered when being close and very far from terrain (see attached gif video).
All multi-layered terrain texture should be rendered on all mip levels with decreased detail level - both in Scene view and in Inspector's preview (see attached expected.gif video).
- Reproducible in 5.4.0f1, 5.5.0a3, 5.3.5p1;
- Reprocucible on both Windows 10 and OSX 10.11.5;
- Also reproducible in 'Gaia' package (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/42618) after creating procedural terrain with multiple textures on it.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Vulkan] Wrong aspect ratio in fullscreen of Standalone build when selected screen resolution is not native
- [iOS 12] [Metal] IOAF code 4 error freeze because of tessellation shader
- 'A tree couldn't be loaded because the prefab is missing' error is thrown when importing package with Terrain Asset with Trees
- [Mac] Crash on ioAccelResourceListAddNewGroupAndResource when importing a large COLLADA model
- Prefab referenced Game Object is not removed from the Scene files when the reference field gets deleted