Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.1, 2019.2
Windows Standalone builds with IL2CPP scripting backend don't start on Windows 7
Workaround. Open "<UNITY_INSTALL_DIR>\Editor\Data\il2cpp\libil2cpp\os\Win32\File.cpp" and apply this diff:
diff --git a/libil2cpp/os/Win32/File.cpp b/libil2cpp/os/Win32/File.cpp
index 3d7f48279..1b928f663 100644
@@ -503,7 +503,11 @@ namespace os
success = TRUE;
// The async write succeeded. Now get the number of bytes written.
+ if (GetOverlappedResult((HANDLE)handle, &overlapped, (LPDWORD)&written, TRUE) == 0)
if (GetOverlappedResultEx((HANDLE)handle, &overlapped, (LPDWORD)&written, INFINITE, FALSE) == 0)
// Oops, we could not get the number of bytes writen, so return an error.
*error = GetLastError();
See https://forum.unity.com/threads/2019-1-8f1-failed-to-load-il2cpp-unity-on-windows-7-machines.701273/ for more information.
Reproduced in 2019.3.0a8, 2019.2.0b8, 2019.1.8f1 and 2018.4.3f1.
Not reproducible in 2019.3.0a7, 2019.2.0b7, 2019.1.7f1 and 2018.4.2f1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Rendering is broken with UIToolkit with many Intel GPUs (driver-bug)
- [Vulkan] Crash in Windows Standalone when Vulkan is set as rendering API and player window is out of focus
- "Can't destroy Transform component" Error is thrown when closing a scene that contains a DontSave Prefab with a Child
- [Particle System] Editor freezes when assigning a nested Particle System in the Sub Emitter Module
- Unable to switch to different material when selecting another material from Asset selector window on Particle System Material