Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.1, 2019.2
Windows Standalone builds with IL2CPP scripting backend don't start on Windows 7
Workaround. Open "<UNITY_INSTALL_DIR>\Editor\Data\il2cpp\libil2cpp\os\Win32\File.cpp" and apply this diff:
diff --git a/libil2cpp/os/Win32/File.cpp b/libil2cpp/os/Win32/File.cpp
index 3d7f48279..1b928f663 100644
@@ -503,7 +503,11 @@ namespace os
success = TRUE;
// The async write succeeded. Now get the number of bytes written.
+ if (GetOverlappedResult((HANDLE)handle, &overlapped, (LPDWORD)&written, TRUE) == 0)
if (GetOverlappedResultEx((HANDLE)handle, &overlapped, (LPDWORD)&written, INFINITE, FALSE) == 0)
// Oops, we could not get the number of bytes writen, so return an error.
*error = GetLastError();
See https://forum.unity.com/threads/2019-1-8f1-failed-to-load-il2cpp-unity-on-windows-7-machines.701273/ for more information.
Reproduced in 2019.3.0a8, 2019.2.0b8, 2019.1.8f1 and 2018.4.3f1.
Not reproducible in 2019.3.0a7, 2019.2.0b7, 2019.1.7f1 and 2018.4.2f1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UWP] Solution is created with "Data\Resources" directory which should not exist
- Audio clips on scene end while switching scenes when one scene has Timeline audio playing
- [Hub] Can trigger multiple concurrent Hub installations of the same editor version via Hub link
- [GI - Lightmapper] Invalid texels are not treated the same way in CPU and GPU lightmapper
- Canvas rect returning incorrect size when switching aspect ratios in the Game view