Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.1, 2019.2
Windows Standalone builds with IL2CPP scripting backend don't start on Windows 7
Workaround. Open "<UNITY_INSTALL_DIR>\Editor\Data\il2cpp\libil2cpp\os\Win32\File.cpp" and apply this diff:
diff --git a/libil2cpp/os/Win32/File.cpp b/libil2cpp/os/Win32/File.cpp
index 3d7f48279..1b928f663 100644
@@ -503,7 +503,11 @@ namespace os
success = TRUE;
// The async write succeeded. Now get the number of bytes written.
+ if (GetOverlappedResult((HANDLE)handle, &overlapped, (LPDWORD)&written, TRUE) == 0)
if (GetOverlappedResultEx((HANDLE)handle, &overlapped, (LPDWORD)&written, INFINITE, FALSE) == 0)
// Oops, we could not get the number of bytes writen, so return an error.
*error = GetLastError();
See https://forum.unity.com/threads/2019-1-8f1-failed-to-load-il2cpp-unity-on-windows-7-machines.701273/ for more information.
Reproduced in 2019.3.0a8, 2019.2.0b8, 2019.1.8f1 and 2018.4.3f1.
Not reproducible in 2019.3.0a7, 2019.2.0b7, 2019.1.7f1 and 2018.4.2f1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- 'Can't add script' pop-up warns about abstract classes when dragging static classes onto GameObjects
- [Hub] Project "Remove from list" option is behind notifications when selecting the most bottom project in the list
- [Android][Vulkan] Black Screen renders on devices with Adreno 640 and Mali GPU's
- Sound/Audio is played when the VideoPlayer's attached AudioSource game object is disabled
- Editor crashes on GenerateSharedVerticesIndexList when importing .3ds file