Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.1.X, 2019.2.X
Windows Standalone builds with IL2CPP scripting backend don't start on Windows 7
Workaround. Open "<UNITY_INSTALL_DIR>\Editor\Data\il2cpp\libil2cpp\os\Win32\File.cpp" and apply this diff:
diff --git a/libil2cpp/os/Win32/File.cpp b/libil2cpp/os/Win32/File.cpp
index 3d7f48279..1b928f663 100644
@@ -503,7 +503,11 @@ namespace os
success = TRUE;
// The async write succeeded. Now get the number of bytes written.
+ if (GetOverlappedResult((HANDLE)handle, &overlapped, (LPDWORD)&written, TRUE) == 0)
if (GetOverlappedResultEx((HANDLE)handle, &overlapped, (LPDWORD)&written, INFINITE, FALSE) == 0)
// Oops, we could not get the number of bytes writen, so return an error.
*error = GetLastError();
See https://forum.unity.com/threads/2019-1-8f1-failed-to-load-il2cpp-unity-on-windows-7-machines.701273/ for more information.
Reproduced in 2019.3.0a8, 2019.2.0b8, 2019.1.8f1 and 2018.4.3f1.
Not reproducible in 2019.3.0a7, 2019.2.0b7, 2019.1.7f1 and 2018.4.2f1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform