Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.1.X, 2019.2.X
Windows Standalone builds with IL2CPP scripting backend don't start on Windows 7
Workaround. Open "<UNITY_INSTALL_DIR>\Editor\Data\il2cpp\libil2cpp\os\Win32\File.cpp" and apply this diff:
diff --git a/libil2cpp/os/Win32/File.cpp b/libil2cpp/os/Win32/File.cpp
index 3d7f48279..1b928f663 100644
@@ -503,7 +503,11 @@ namespace os
success = TRUE;
// The async write succeeded. Now get the number of bytes written.
+ if (GetOverlappedResult((HANDLE)handle, &overlapped, (LPDWORD)&written, TRUE) == 0)
if (GetOverlappedResultEx((HANDLE)handle, &overlapped, (LPDWORD)&written, INFINITE, FALSE) == 0)
// Oops, we could not get the number of bytes writen, so return an error.
*error = GetLastError();
See https://forum.unity.com/threads/2019-1-8f1-failed-to-load-il2cpp-unity-on-windows-7-machines.701273/ for more information.
Reproduced in 2019.3.0a8, 2019.2.0b8, 2019.1.8f1 and 2018.4.3f1.
Not reproducible in 2019.3.0a7, 2019.2.0b7, 2019.1.7f1 and 2018.4.2f1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)
- Stack frames are missing from Console window when in Full Stack trace mode
- An error is returned and no package is listed if an invalid package is hosted on a scoped registry
- Camera.WorldToScreenPoint is producing different behavior with dynamic resolution
- Gray color does not equal gray when comparing Color.gray and Color.gray