Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.3
[Windows] Problem with importing DLLs using DllImport attribute from different threads
Reported by customer:
The function LoadPluginExecutable in Runtime/Misc/Plugins.cpp is not thread safe. This causes a problem if two C# threads are simultaneously calling into DLLs for the first time via functions with the DllImport attribute. The problem is with this code:
library = LoadLibraryW(pluginFileName.c_str());
loadLibraryError = GetLastError();
With the right timing, the 2nd call to SetDllDirectoryW can clear out the DLL path after LoadLibraryW has initiated on another thread, causing it to not have the Plugins sub directory as part of the search path.
We encountered this problem in 2018.2.16f1, but looking at the code for 2019.2 it appears to still exist. We've tested locally with a lock around this code and it addresses the problem.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader error db grows on each build
- Android ARCore build fails with 2019.4 due to outdated Gradle
- [tvOS] Visual artifacts are present when Ambient Occlusion is enabled and Dynamic Resolution is reduced
- Texture Importer Inspector throws errors when a built-in texture inspector is overwritten in C#
- Invalid AABB error is thrown when moving a Particle with Velocity over Lifetime and Limit Velocity over Lifetime modules