Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.0a8
Found in [Package]
[Windows] Editor uses OS locale settings (i.e. commas instead of dots in float values) with .NET 4.6
Setting the Project to use the .NET 4.x support apparently results in the Editor using the OS's Locale for formatting. In case of a non-English Locale this results in a mixed English/non-English Editor experience, specifically noticeable when commas are used for decimal separation.
Steps to reproduce:
1. [Change Locale setting to non-English]
a) Open Control Panel and search for Region.
b) Open the Formats Tab.
c) Select any non-English format, that uses commas instead of dots for decimal separation (for example, German (Germany))
d) Apply, close the window
2. Open attached project
3. Open shader file from ExampleAssets > Shaders > Paint1G_WAnim_Shader
4. Observe the nodes with float values.
Expected behavior: for float values dots are used for decimal separation.
Actual behavior: for float values commas are used for decimal separation.
Reproduced with: 2017.2.0b2, 2017.1.0f3, 2018.2.2f1, 2019.1.0a1.
Not reproduced with: 5.6 (no Experimental .NET 4.6 feature).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux Hub] Some of the Learn tab projects have a blank 'Download Project' button
- [Scene View] Scene gizmos are not visible or are not showing up correctly
- Alpha channel is not not visible when using Baked Shadowmask mode in the Lightmap Preview window
- Native performance tests FormatOneMillionRandomNumbers have regressed due to Int formatting changes
- Unable to bake after switching lightmapper a few times