Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1
Fixed in 2018.3
[Windows] Editor uses OS locale settings (i.e. commas instead of dots in float inspector fields) with Experimental .NET 4.6
Setting the Project to use the new Experimental .NET 4.6 support apparently results in the Editor using the OS's Locale for formatting. In case of a non-English Locale this results in a mixed English/non-English Editor experience, specifically noticeable when commas are used for decimal separation.
Steps to reproduce:
1. [Change Locale setting to non-English]
a) Open Start menu and type Region
b) In an opened window select Formats tab
c) Select any non-English format, that uses commas instead of dots for decimal separation (for example, German (Germany))
d) Apply, close the window
2. Open attached project "Locale bug.zip"
3. Open scene "test" and select "RandomObject" from Hierarchy
4. Take a look at Component "Number Test"
Expected behavior: for float number "Random float" dots are used for decimal separation.
Actual behavior: for float number "Random float" commas are used for decimal separation.
Reproduced with: 2017.2.0b2, 2017.1.0f3.
Not reproduced with: 5.6 (no Experimental .NET 4.6 feature).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UWP] Solution is created with "Data\Resources" directory which should not exist
- Audio clips on scene end while switching scenes when one scene has Timeline audio playing
- [Hub] Can trigger multiple concurrent Hub installations of the same editor version via Hub link
- [GI - Lightmapper] Invalid texels are not treated the same way in CPU and GPU lightmapper
- Canvas rect returning incorrect size when switching aspect ratios in the Game view