Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
[Windows] Changing Default Audio Output Device does not change audio output device in Editor and Build
The expected behavior is that when you change Default Output Device, the sound starts to play on that device. This is how all applications line Chrome, Firefox, VLC etc. work. Also, this is default behavior on macOS.
This affects both Editor and Builds.
To reproduce this issue, at least 2 Audio Output devices are needed, for example laptop (with speaker) and external monitor (with speaker).
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project (Sample.zip)
2. Enter Play mode
3. Press on Speaker icon button in the Windows bottom left
4. Select different Playback device
Expected behavior: sound starts to play via selected Playback device.
Actual behavior: sound stays playing on previously selected Playback device.
Reproduced with: 2017.2.0b5 - 5.5.2p4.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GPU PLM] Indirect bounce color is wrong
- [UI] Float types revert to 0 if a decimal point is entered when the value is selected
- LWRP is leaking resources when building Unity.Physics project to device
- Prefab instance with a script that automatically sets the parent of it creates a duplicate of itself after exiting Prefab mode
- Unity Ads Package conflict with Moq framework