Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 4.5.X
[Win Store] App crashes when snapping on startup
Launch WSA application from "Start" menu. When splash screen appears, wait for a blink. After a blink, snap application to left or right. Application should crash without any messages. Log file doesn't show anything useful. Only sometimes there can be found a message "Exception occured in 'AppCallbacks::_AppThread' block."
1. Create empty project;
2. Build to Win Store Apps;
3. Start debugging project from Visual Studio. Stop debugger and launch application from "Start" menu. When splash screen appears, wait for a blink(if you didn't change splash logo). After a blink, snap application to left or right. Application should crash;
Can't reproduce on 4.3.4f1 - 4.5.0a3;
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
Sep 30, 2014 08:02
For the information of anyone coming across this when searching for snapping crashes on WSA:
A similar issue is still happening in 4.5.3p3 though it now seems to manifest as a deadlock.
This is reported in (private) issue 633691.