Search Issue Tracker
When enabling Root Transform Position (Y) on an imported animation, gravity is applied when the GameObject also has only a Character Controller enabled
Steps to reproduce:
1. Unzip the attached user's project "AnimationGravityTest.zip"
2. Open "SampleScene.unity"
3. Enter Play Mode
4. Observe gravity in effect
5. View game object "Character"
6. Observe no Rigidbody, only "Animator" and "Character Controller"
7. Disable "Character Controller" and observe gravity stops
8. Inspect "Assets/Art/NPC/Characters/Character/Character@Idle.fbx"
9. Disable "Bake Into Pose" on Root Transform Position (Y) under the Animation category
10. Enter Play Mode and Observe gravity no longer in effect
Expected results: When enabling Root Transform Position (Y) on an imported animation, gravity is not applied when the object also has a character controller enabled
Actual results: When enabling Root Transform Position (Y) on an imported animation, gravity is applied when the object also has a character controller enabled
Reproducible with: 2021.3.31f1, 2022.3.10f1, 2023.1.15f1, 2023.2.0b12, 2023.3.0a7
Reproducible on: Windows 11, Windows 10
Not reproducible on: No other environment tested
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] PointerEventData.pointerId value is incorrect when pressing a finger on the screen
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version