Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
[WebGL][Input System] Vertical Axis input is inverted/reversed when using an Xbox One Controller
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project's Scene labeled "SampleScene"
2. Enter the Play Mode
3. Move the Cube around with the controller's Left Stick
4. Observe the movement on the vertical axis
5. Make a WebGL build
6. Launch the build on a web server
7. In the WebGL build, move the Cube around again
8. Observe the movement on the vertical axis again
Expected result: Cube moves in the direction of the Left Stick input
Actual result: Left Stick input is inverted on the vertical axis
Reproducible with: 2019.4.9f1, 2020.1.4f1, 2020.2.0b1 (0.9.3-preview, 1.1.0-preview.1)
Couldn't test with: 2018.4.27f1 (Input System Package is not available)
Nov 23, 2021 16:02
I have the same issue using Unity 2020.3.19f1
Oct 21, 2021 17:41
Was fixed in 2021.1.5f1 but it's here again in 2021.1.26f1
Jul 07, 2021 13:50
Same issue 2021.1.13f1 xbox one controller.
May 30, 2021 00:15
I'm having the same issue, using a Xbox 360 controller and Unity 2020.3.8f1
May 25, 2021 04:58
It still happens with 2020.3.2f1
May 03, 2021 14:49
Having this issue in 2021.1.4f1
Jan 25, 2021 14:51
y axis still inverted. I'm using 2020.2.2f1, tested on Win10, Chrome (Version 87.0.4280.141 ) and also Edge (Version 88.0.705.50)
Oct 06, 2020 16:53
Also having this issue. Unity 2019.4.10f1 Tested on two separate X-Box controllers. Y axis is inverted when testing on the browser. Tested in Chrome and in Firefox.
Sep 12, 2020 22:24
Tested with a dualshock4 on Unity 2019.4.9f1 with Input system 1.0.0 and 1.1.0, both cases with the same bug on the Y axis.
Sep 02, 2020 02:29
I tested a Logitech F310. Same problem. So it's not just the XBOX One controller.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] “Input.GetMouseButtonDown” gets set to true when pressing and when releasing the mouse button in the Device Simulator view if "targetFrameRate" is set in the script
- UWP Capabilities are not changed when rebuilding the project
- [Oculus] Lights causing artifacts when Forward+ Rendering is selected
- Game Window Icons are white when in light mode
- Crash on VFXMemorySerializer::StoreObjects when converting to Subgraph Block
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
WebGL reported an inverted Y axis for game controllers. Inverted the axis to be consistent with the other platforms. Fixed in Unity 2021.1.0a1