Search Issue Tracker
[Web] Project doesn't build when a version file is included
When a VERSION file with a version number in it is added to the root directory of a project, and then built to WebGL, the build breaks.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a 3D project (or URP, probably any type).
2. Add a VERSION file to the root directory of the project that has a version number inside.
3. Switch to WebGL and Build
The project builds successfully.
The project does not build and build errors show up in the console (70 errors)
Note: the native macOS build is successfully
The errors are of this form:
Building Library/Bee/artifacts/WebGL/il2cpp/master_WebGL_wasm/5z9b_stem0.lump.o failed with output:
In file included from Library/Bee/artifacts/WebGL/il2cpp/master_WebGL_wasm/w90z_System0.lump.cpp:2:
In file included from /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2022.1.0f1/Unity.app/Contents/il2cpp/libil2cpp/icalls/mscorlib/System.Text/EncodingHelper.cpp:3:
In file included from /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2022.1.0f1/PlaybackEngines/WebGLSupport/BuildTools/Emscripten/emscripten/cache/sysroot/include/c++/v1/string:504:
In file included from /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2022.1.0f1/PlaybackEngines/WebGLSupport/BuildTools/Emscripten/emscripten/cache/sysroot/include/c++/v1/string_view:175:
In file included from /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2022.1.0f1/PlaybackEngines/WebGLSupport/BuildTools/Emscripten/emscripten/cache/sysroot/include/c++/v1/__string:57:
In file included from /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2022.1.0f1/PlaybackEngines/WebGLSupport/BuildTools/Emscripten/emscripten/cache/sysroot/include/c++/v1/algorithm:639:
In file included from /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2022.1.0f1/PlaybackEngines/WebGLSupport/BuildTools/Emscripten/emscripten/cache/sysroot/include/c++/v1/initializer_list:46:
In file included from /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2022.1.0f1/PlaybackEngines/WebGLSupport/BuildTools/Emscripten/emscripten/cache/sysroot/include/c++/v1/cstddef:37:
./version:1:1: error: expected unqualified-id
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Resizing Profiler Module Details panel and releasing mouse button outside Unity doesn't cancel resize
- "Auto-hide gizmos" preference is not saved when reopening the project
- Sampling a custom depth texture on a machine with a GTX 1080 makes object's textures display the wrong color when in Play mode or Player
- Terrain is missing the Hidden/TerrainEngine/Details/WavingDoublePass shader when AssetBundles are built in older Unity Versions
- [Android] URP Project crashes when built on a device with PowerVR Rogue GE8320 GPU