Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[Vulkan] TextMeshPro texture is using a lot of memory when building with Vulkan Graphics API
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "TMPHugeTextureTest.zip"
2. Go to Build Settings and Build And Run on the Android platform
3. When the app loads on the device, open Profiler, and in the Profiler Controls section select Android device
4. Select Memory module and in the Module Details panel select the "Detailed" option
5. In the Android app, press "Load Text" button
6. In the Module Details panel of the Profiler, press "Take Sample"
7. In the Module Details panel, navigate to "Assets > Texture2D"
8. Inspect the Memory value of "wqy-microhei Atlas" texture
Expected results: the memory used is 2MB
Actual results: the memory used is ~200MB
Reproducible with: 2019.4.30f1, 2020.3.19f1, 2021.1.22f1, 2021.2.0a7
Not reproducible with: 2021.2.0a8, 2021.2.0b13, 2022.1.0a11
- Reproducible on Android and Windows with Vulkan Graphics API
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity freezes when opening a project
- [Silicon] Artifacts appear in the Game view when resizing the window/entering the Play Mode in a specific project
- Marker in the animation’s preview window doesn’t stop when reaching the end of the timeline and jumps to the start of the animation when moving it with the cursor
- Animation Event marker is not placed on the current time of the timeline when using the “Add Event” button
- Editor crashes on vector_map<ConstantString,AssetBundle when using the LoadAssetAsync function