Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Vulkan shader compilation fails when shader uses an array of structs
1. Add the attached shader "vulkan_struct_array_issue.shader" to a project
2. Select the shader
3. In the shader's Inspector Window select the dropdown next to "Compile and show code" and set "Custom" and "Vulkan"
4. Click the "Compile and show code" button
Shader compiles for Vulkan without errors
The following errors are printed to the Console Window and are added to the Shader Inspector:
"Shader error in 'vulkan_struct_array_issue': glslang: '' : compilation terminated at line 33 (on vulkan)"
"Shader error in 'vulkan_struct_array_issue': glslang: '[' : array index out of range '4' at line 33 (on vulkan)"
Reproducible in: 2021.2.0a7, 2021.1.0b9, 2020.2.6f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2019.4.21f1, 2018.4.32f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor crashes when loading RenderDoc with Graphics API set to OpenGLES2 or OpenGLES3
- [Windows] Development Build with no scenes shows a purple screen when using OpenGLES3 graphics API
- Shader variants take too much memory at runtime
- [HDRP][VFX] Output mesh with default shader is incorrectly sorted before the HDRP fog
- Error "'GamepadSpeakerOutputType' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine'" occurs in the Console when building a project