Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 1.1.0
Found in [Package]
[VSCode Editor] Opening any file will open in VS Code instead of in the Editor
Opening a scene file for example opens in VS Code instead of in Unity Editor
1. Open Unity 2019.3.0a12
2. Start new project
3. Create 2+ scene files
4. Install VSCode Editor package
5. Change the External Script Editor tool in Preferences to VSCode
6. Select any of the created scenes in the Project View of the project
Reproducible with: 2019.2.2f1, 2019.2.3f1, 2019.3.0a12, 2019.3.0b1, 2020.1.0a1
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.7f1, 2019.2.1f1, 2019.3.0a1, 2019.3.0a11
May 26, 2020 19:06
Same problem here, using Unity 2019.2.11f, Visual Studio 1.45.1, and plug in version 1.1.4.
Sep 06, 2019 16:57
"Thankfully it seems to have been fixed in 2019.2.3f1, or by updating as above - not sure how to do that though."
Head to Window > Package Manager. In the "Advanced" drop-down select "Show pre preview packages" 1.1.0 should appear under visual studio code package.
Aug 30, 2019 12:32
Very annoying issue. I should mention it occurs not only with VS Code, but if any editor is set as the "External script editor" in the preferences. I tried it with Notepad++, Visual Studio, JetBrains Rider to name a few, all had the same issue. Thankfully it seems to have been fixed in 2019.2.3f1, or by updating as above - not sure how to do that though.
Aug 29, 2019 11:51
VS Code 1.37.1 and Unity 2019.2.2f1, same issue. Anything I click opens in VS Code, Images, scenes, sounds.
Aug 27, 2019 12:36
This happens also with newer version of VS Code. I use VS Code 1.37.1 and I have the same problem.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] “Input.GetMouseButtonDown” gets set to true when pressing and when releasing the mouse button in the Device Simulator view if "targetFrameRate" is set in the script
- UWP Capabilities are not changed when rebuilding the project
- [Oculus] Lights causing artifacts when Forward+ Rendering is selected
- Game Window Icons are white when in light mode
- Crash on VFXMemorySerializer::StoreObjects when converting to Subgraph Block
Resolution Note (fix version 1.1.0):
Update Visual Studio Code Editor package to version 1.1.0