Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 7.3.1
Found in [Package]
Visual Effect component is not fully shown in the Inspector if VFX is loaded from Asset Bundle
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. AB > Builder (You may need to change BuildAssetBundle.cs settings on Windows)
3. Open the "SampleScene"
4. Enter Play Mode
5. Select "NewVFX(Clone)" in the Hierarchy
6. Take a look to Inspector
Actual result: The Visual Effect component is missing "Renderer" and "Properties" tabs. (Screenshots attached)
Expected result: The Visual Effect component contains the missing tabs.
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0a16 (7.1.6), 2019.3.0f2 (7.1.6), 2019.2.16f1 (6.9.2)
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.14f1 (4.10), 2019.1.14f1 (5.16.1).
- A crash may happen on Play, comment out "vfx.Play()" from instantiateVFX.cs to resolve it.
- In Unity 2019.2, only "properties" tab is missing and null reference is thrown.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] SUCCEEDED(hr) error is thrown when the project's Shadows Filtering Quality is set to High or Very High
- With specific Windows 10 settings, the player window resolution does not match the values passed into Screen.SetResolution()
- Material leaks memory when using PostProcess-Layer
- [URP] Adreno GPU is not getting the required vertex data
- [DX12] ShaderData.VariantCompileInfo.ShaderData contains 38 extra bytes on DirectX 12