Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 7.3.1
Found in [Package]
Visual Effect component is not fully shown in the Inspector if VFX is loaded from Asset Bundle
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. AB > Builder (You may need to change BuildAssetBundle.cs settings on Windows)
3. Open the "SampleScene"
4. Enter Play Mode
5. Select "NewVFX(Clone)" in the Hierarchy
6. Take a look to Inspector
Actual result: The Visual Effect component is missing "Renderer" and "Properties" tabs. (Screenshots attached)
Expected result: The Visual Effect component contains the missing tabs.
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0a16 (7.1.6), 2019.3.0f2 (7.1.6), 2019.2.16f1 (6.9.2)
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.14f1 (4.10), 2019.1.14f1 (5.16.1).
- A crash may happen on Play, comment out "vfx.Play()" from instantiateVFX.cs to resolve it.
- In Unity 2019.2, only "properties" tab is missing and null reference is thrown.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics.DrawProcedural doesn't work like in DX11 when used with DX12
- [Quest 2] Running Entities Graphics/BatchRendererGroup under Vulkan results in a frame rate drop compared to OpenGLES 3 and causes Tile Binning to cost more
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode