Search Issue Tracker
Visual C# Compiler cannot find source files because it is looking at old file locations
1. Open attached project.
2. Run test: Tests -> MoveFilesAround
3. Inspect console.
Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 126.96.36.199535 (9d34608e)
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
error CS2001: Source file 'C:\unity2\Tests\EditModeAndPlayModeTests\DirectoryMonitoring\Assets\gen\dir0\subdir0\Script_uEZKsjlVfPkSawq.cs' could not be found.
Refreshing fixes the issue for now.
But we plan to optimize refresh to not refresh non modified files, in that case, compilation error will not go away until I modify a script and force compilation that way.
This happens in a very specific scenario where refresh is called multiple times with some changes in between them. Test stops after last refresh, and then compilation fails
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Rider package is not loaded until there are compilation errors in Assets
- Rigidbody jitters when placed in additional PhysicsScene
- [Catalina] DriveInfo.AvailableFreeSpace returns 0 on macOS Catalina
- IndirectArgs do not bind properly when using DX12
- [OSX] Editor windows flicker in Play Mode when dragging and docking windows with Metal Editor Support enabled