Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.4.X
[VFX Graph] InvalidOperationException errors are throwing continuously on selecting node preset asset
InvalidOperationException errors are throwing continuously on selecting "Output particle Distortion Quad" node preset asset.
Steps to repro:
1. Create anew HDRP template project.
2. Project Window > Right Click > Create > Visual Effects > Visual Effect Subgraph Operator.
2. Open VFX Subgraph operator > Drag range property.
3. Range > Output particle Distortion Quad > Create its preset.
4. Select the newly created preset asset.
InvalidOperationException errors are thrown in the console.
No error in the console.
2020.2.0a5 with 8.0.1, 2020.1.0b4 with 8.0.1, 2019.3.8f1 with 7.3.1,
2019.2.0f1 with 6.9.0.
Note: Subgraph operator is available in VFX Graph from 2019.2.
Occurring on Windows 10 & Mac 10.15.
InvalidOperationException: Owner is already set
UnityEditor.VFX.VFXSRPSubOutput.Init (UnityEditor.VFX.VFXAbstractRenderedOutput owner) (at Library/PackageCacheemail@example.com/Editor/Models/Contexts/VFXSRPSubOutput.cs:18)
UnityEditor.VFX.VFXAbstractRenderedOutput.GetOrCreateSubOutput () (at Library/PackageCachefirstname.lastname@example.org/Editor/Models/Contexts/Implementations/VFXAbstractRenderedOutput.cs:82)
UnityEditor.VFX.VFXAbstractRenderedOutput.InitSubOutputs (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] subOutputs, System.Boolean invalidate) (at Library/PackageCacheemail@example.com/Editor/Models/Contexts/Implementations/VFXAbstractRenderedOutput.cs:102)
UnityEditor.VFX.VFXAbstractRenderedOutput.OnEnable () (at Library/PackageCachefirstname.lastname@example.org/Editor/Models/Contexts/Implementations/VFXAbstractRenderedOutput.cs:89)
UnityEditor.VFX.VFXAbstractDistortionOutput.OnEnable () (at Library/PackageCacheemail@example.com/Editor/VFXGraph/Outputs/VFXAbstractDistortionOutput.cs:70)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics.DrawProcedural doesn't work like in DX11 when used with DX12
- [Quest 2] Running Entities Graphics/BatchRendererGroup under Vulkan results in a frame rate drop compared to OpenGLES 3 and causes Tile Binning to cost more
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
We are removing the preset edition with VFXModel.
This kind of edition is unexpected due to hierarchical children serialization.