Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X
[VFX] ApplyShader is called when Visual Effect Asset particles are not rendered and system is not called in Initial Event Name
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "VFXPerformance.zip"
2. Open "VFX Transparent.unity" Scene
3. Open Profiler window and in the Search section type "ApplyShader"
4. Press Play
5. Observe Editor Profiler
Expected result: no calls for ApplyShader when entering the Play mode when OnPlay is deleted from Initial Event Name from Inspector window
Actual result: 800 calls for ApplyShader when entering the Play mode when OnPlay is deleted from Initial Event Name from Inspector window
Reproducible with: 8.2.0 (2020.1.8f1), 10.5.0 (2020.3.13f1), 11.0.0 (2021.1.12f1), 12.0.0 (2021.2.0b2, 2022.1.0a1)
Not reproducible with: 7.6.0 (2019.4.28f1), 8.2.0 (2020.1.7f1)
Can't test with: 2018.4.35f1 (Project breaks)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lightmaps are baked incorrectly for GameObjects when their Position is <=-2048 or >=2048 on any of the coordinates
- Sahder errors in Player when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled and the rendering path is set to "Deferred"
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached