Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X
[VFX] ApplyShader is called when Visual Effect Asset particles are not rendered and system is not called in Initial Event Name
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "VFXPerformance.zip"
2. Open "VFX Transparent.unity" Scene
3. Open Profiler window and in the Search section type "ApplyShader"
4. Press Play
5. Observe Editor Profiler
Expected result: no calls for ApplyShader when entering the Play mode when OnPlay is deleted from Initial Event Name from Inspector window
Actual result: 800 calls for ApplyShader when entering the Play mode when OnPlay is deleted from Initial Event Name from Inspector window
Reproducible with: 8.2.0 (2020.1.8f1), 10.5.0 (2020.3.13f1), 11.0.0 (2021.1.12f1), 12.0.0 (2021.2.0b2, 2022.1.0a1)
Not reproducible with: 7.6.0 (2019.4.28f1), 8.2.0 (2020.1.7f1)
Can't test with: 2018.4.35f1 (Project breaks)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Nested checked Menu items return incorrect values when the checking function button is not at the same level
- [VFX Graph] Subgraph error message does not re-appear after reload until graph is dirty
- [VFX Graph] When saving graph with a shortcut (CTRL +S) in graph error does not appear until graph is dirty
- [Android][IL2CPP] Player of a specific project crashes when launching it
- [Android] Keyboard gets hidden when the input field area is clicked and TouchScreenKeyboard.hideInput is set to true