Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Vertex snapping to surface doesn't work correctly when using Center as Tool Handle Position
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "SnapTesting.zip"
2. Open "SampleScene" Scene
3. Make sure Tool Handle Position is set to Center
4. Select "Cube" GameObject and click Shift + V
5. Select a vertex on the GameObject and drag it over other GameObjects while holding Shift + Ctrl/Cmd
Expected result: the GameObject sometimes snaps in the middle of other GameObjects depending on the selected vertex
Actual result: the GameObject always snaps on top of the surface of other GameObjects despite the selected vertex
Reproducible with: 2019.4.36f1, 2020.3.29f1, 2021.2.12f1, 2022.1.0b9, 2022.2.0a5
- There's also an issue with offset on both Tool Handle Positions when using vertex snapping and only holding Ctrl/Cmd
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Exceeding the platform's supported light limit gives shadow distortion when using Deferred Rendering Path
- URP Sample Buffer Image Tile is moved when the Offset Value is changed
- Static constructor in a struct returns false when running tests with IL2CPP
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Fixing vertex/surface snapping behavior.