Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
[Version Control] Perforce sending fstat commands and freezing editor with poor internet connection
Steps to reproduce:
1. Set up a perforce server and enable integration on Unity on any project
2. Create a handful of files (new scripts for example)
3. Download "clumsy.zip" app attached
4. Open and check Lag, set it to about 200-500 ms (The more you set it the more visible it is) and start
5. Now, most of the time, when you click on a file in your project an fstat command will be issued which will freeze the editor until it completes
6. You can also move focus from the editor to another window and back to make the fstats appear again, if they stop
Expected result: The editor does not freeze except when saving, or doing explicit version control operations
Actual result: Editor freezes on fstat command and becomes unusable when it happens a lot in sequence
Reproduced on:5.6.0f1, 5.6.2p1, 2017.1.0f2
Regression introduced in: 5.6.0b10
Not reproduced on: 5.5.4p1, 5.6.0b1, 5.6.0b8, 5.6.0b9
Note: Bug only appears if your inspector is active. Possibly caused by "IsOpenForEdit" call of the Inspector.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UWP] Player is not deployed correctly through "Build and Run" and causes BuildFailedException: Deployment failed.
- [XR][GearVR] GrabPass does not function properly when using GearVR and Single Pass Instancing.
- GfxDeviceWorker crash when in playmode after upgrading project to 2018.3
- [ShaderGraph] BooleanShaderProperty uses wrong property attribute (creates keywords)
- Crash when attempting to undo an "apply" action to an upgraded disconnected prefab