Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2019.3, 2020.1
Duplicate in 2019.4
"Version Control Check Out Failed" Dialog is black when an exclusively checked out Scene is saved
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project and connect it to perforce
2. Make sure the "Overwrite Failed Checkout Assets" option in Project Settings > Editor is unchecked
2. Add and Submit the "SampleScene" from the Assets > Scenes folder
3. Open P4V with the same Workspace as used in the Editor
4. Find the "SampleScene.unity" file and in the right-click menu select "Change Filetype"
5. Add the Exclusive Checkout option (+l) and press OK
6. Submit "SampleScene.unity" file
7. Open a different Workspace in P4V
8. Get the latest version of "SampleScene.unity" file
9. Checkout "SampleScene.unity" and "SampleScene.unity.meta" files
10. Get back to Unity Editor
11. Make a change to the "SampleScene"
12. Save the Scene
Expected result: both of the windows are visible as shown in "ExpectedResult.png"
Actual result: the "Version Control Check Out Failed" window is completely black as shown in "BlackDialog.png"
Reproducible with: 2018.4.22f1, 2019.3.12f1, 2020.1.0a23
Could not test with: 2017.4.40f1 ( "Overwrite Failed Checkout Assets" option doesn't exist and files get overwritten automatically), 2020.1.0a24 and later ("The open scene(s) have been modified externally" dialog is missing)
-This doesn't reproduce 100% of the time as shown in "Inconsistent.mp4"
-This can sometimes be reproduced even if the file doesn't have the "Exclusive Checkout" option marked. This happens when the filed is Checked Out Remotely and is Out Of Synch at the same time as shown in "NotLocked.png"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader error db grows on each build
- Android ARCore build fails with 2019.4 due to outdated Gradle
- [tvOS] Visual artifacts are present when Ambient Occlusion is enabled and Dynamic Resolution is reduced
- Texture Importer Inspector throws errors when a built-in texture inspector is overwritten in C#
- Invalid AABB error is thrown when moving a Particle with Velocity over Lifetime and Limit Velocity over Lifetime modules