Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
Variables use old overridden values on Prefabs when a variable has FormerlySerializedAs attribute
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "SerializationTest" project
2. Open the Scene "SampleScene"
3. Select the "TestObject" GameObject
4. In the Inspector observe the "Test Script" "New Name" variable
Expected results: The "New Name" variable's value is "OVERIDDEN NEW VALUE!"
Actual results: The "New Name" variable's value is "OVERIDDEN OLD VALUE!"
Reproducible with:2019.4.16f1, 2020.1.12f1, 2020.1.16f1, 2020.2.0b10, 2020.2.0b14, 2021.1.0a8
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1, 2019.4.15f1, 2020.1.0a1, 2020.1.11f1, 2020.2.0a1, 2020.2.0b9
- Steps to reproduce this issue from scratch:
1. Create a Prefab and attach script with "public string oldTest = "A";" line to the Prefab
2. Add the Prefab to the Scene and in the Inspector change the variable's value to "OLD"
3. In the script add "[FormerlySerializedAs("oldTest")]" before the previous added line and change the variable's "oldTest" name to "newTest"
4. In the Inspector change the variable's value to "NEW"
5. Restart the Editor, the value will be "OLD" in the Prefab's that's in the Scene
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Android build fails when targeting SDK 31 and using Build-Tools 31.0.0
- Sprite Atlas is compressed when Compress Assets on Import is disabled
- "UnityException: Unable to package apk Unity library missing for the selected architecture x86" error on android il2cpp builds
- Colors are not dilated on the edges when Alpha is Transparency parameter is enabled on the Texture
- Crash on GUIView::DoPaint when selecting color with a color picker