Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
Variables use old overridden values on Prefabs when a variable has FormerlySerializedAs attribute
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "SerializationTest" project
2. Open the Scene "SampleScene"
3. Select the "TestObject" GameObject
4. In the Inspector observe the "Test Script" "New Name" variable
Expected results: The "New Name" variable's value is "OVERIDDEN NEW VALUE!"
Actual results: The "New Name" variable's value is "OVERIDDEN OLD VALUE!"
Reproducible with:2019.4.16f1, 2020.1.12f1, 2020.1.16f1, 2020.2.0b10, 2020.2.0b14, 2021.1.0a8
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1, 2019.4.15f1, 2020.1.0a1, 2020.1.11f1, 2020.2.0a1, 2020.2.0b9
- Steps to reproduce this issue from scratch:
1. Create a Prefab and attach script with "public string oldTest = "A";" line to the Prefab
2. Add the Prefab to the Scene and in the Inspector change the variable's value to "OLD"
3. In the script add "[FormerlySerializedAs("oldTest")]" before the previous added line and change the variable's "oldTest" name to "newTest"
4. In the Inspector change the variable's value to "NEW"
5. Restart the Editor, the value will be "OLD" in the Prefab's that's in the Scene
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] PointerEventData.pointerId value is incorrect when pressing a finger on the screen
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version