Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.4.0
[UWP][WSA][WP81] Deleting text from input field throws ArgumentOutOfRange exception
Happens on UWP, WSA, WP 8.1 platforms, when using touchscreen keyboard. Reproducible on tablets and phones with touch screens.
Reproducible on 5.2, 5.3, 5.4 versions.
1. Create a project with UI input field.
2. Build to UWP OR WSA OR WP 8.1.
3. Deploy project on touchscreen device.
4. With touch select the input field. Touchscreen keyboard appears on the screen. Type in some text and delete it with backspace key on touchscreen keyboard.
A first chance exception of type 'System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and count must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: count
at System.String.Remove(Int32 startIndex, Int32 count)
at UnityEngine.UI.InputField.KeyPressed(Event evt)
at UnityEngine.UI.InputField.OnUpdateSelected(BaseEventData eventData)
at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute(IUpdateSelectedHandler handler, BaseEventData eventData)
at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T](GameObject target, BaseEventData eventData, EventFunction`1 functor)
(Filename: <Unknown> Line: 0)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Absolute paths from included packages cannot be converted to virtual paths in Assets/Packages
- Crash in VCProvider when upgrading project from 18.3 to 19.1 and 19.2
- Android Vulkan corrupted rendering when there is no camera in the scene
- Creating mesh assets produces broken blendshapes
- Array.BinarySearch parameters get swapped from .NET 3.4 to .NET 4.0