Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
[UWP][WSA][WP81] Deleting text from input field throws ArgumentOutOfRange exception
Happens on UWP, WSA, WP 8.1 platforms, when using touchscreen keyboard. Reproducible on tablets and phones with touch screens.
Reproducible on 5.2, 5.3, 5.4 versions.
1. Create a project with UI input field.
2. Build to UWP OR WSA OR WP 8.1.
3. Deploy project on touchscreen device.
4. With touch select the input field. Touchscreen keyboard appears on the screen. Type in some text and delete it with backspace key on touchscreen keyboard.
A first chance exception of type 'System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and count must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: count
at System.String.Remove(Int32 startIndex, Int32 count)
at UnityEngine.UI.InputField.KeyPressed(Event evt)
at UnityEngine.UI.InputField.OnUpdateSelected(BaseEventData eventData)
at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute(IUpdateSelectedHandler handler, BaseEventData eventData)
at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T](GameObject target, BaseEventData eventData, EventFunction`1 functor)
(Filename: <Unknown> Line: 0)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform
- IL2CPP Player crash on memset in VCRUNTIME140D when selecting UI GameObject