Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
Windows Store: IL2CPP does not support plugins targeting .NET 4.0+ or referencing Windows Runtime
At this point in time, using IL2CPP scripting backend on Windows Store limits your assemblies to targeting up to .NET 3.5 (the same limit that applies to all other Unity platforms including the editor). Trying to use DLLs compiled against .NET 4.0 or higher or DLLs that reference .winmd files (i.e. Windows Runtime APIs) will cause build to fail by UnusedBytecodeStripper2.exe crashing with one of the following errors:
AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'System.Runtime, Version=220.127.116.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'Windows, Version=255.255.255.255, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
The only workaround is marking these plugins as not compatible with Windows Store IL2CPP scripting backend.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Oct 12, 2017 11:32
exception Failed to resolve assembly: 'System.Runtime, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
Not resolved in Unity5.6.2f1....