Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
Windows Store: IL2CPP does not support plugins targeting .NET 4.0+ or referencing Windows Runtime
At this point in time, using IL2CPP scripting backend on Windows Store limits your assemblies to targeting up to .NET 3.5 (the same limit that applies to all other Unity platforms including the editor). Trying to use DLLs compiled against .NET 4.0 or higher or DLLs that reference .winmd files (i.e. Windows Runtime APIs) will cause build to fail by UnusedBytecodeStripper2.exe crashing with one of the following errors:
AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'System.Runtime, Version=188.8.131.52, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'Windows, Version=255.255.255.255, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
The only workaround is marking these plugins as not compatible with Windows Store IL2CPP scripting backend.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Timeline animation asset won't update
- [LWRP] VFX Graph projects have visual artifacts when viewed with certain mobile GPUs
- Particle System with custom simulation space jitters when moved/rotated in Late Update
- Preview Window in the Inspector shows the same Preview image when multiple Terrain layers are selected
- Unity 2018.3 update prompts "Click the Download Installer button" while the update button is named "Download new version"