Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
Windows Store: IL2CPP does not support plugins targeting .NET 4.0+ or referencing Windows Runtime
At this point in time, using IL2CPP scripting backend on Windows Store limits your assemblies to targeting up to .NET 3.5 (the same limit that applies to all other Unity platforms including the editor). Trying to use DLLs compiled against .NET 4.0 or higher or DLLs that reference .winmd files (i.e. Windows Runtime APIs) will cause build to fail by UnusedBytecodeStripper2.exe crashing with one of the following errors:
AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'System.Runtime, Version=220.127.116.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'Windows, Version=255.255.255.255, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
The only workaround is marking these plugins as not compatible with Windows Store IL2CPP scripting backend.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GPU PLM] Indirect bounce color is wrong
- [UI] Float types revert to 0 if a decimal point is entered when the value is selected
- LWRP is leaking resources when building Unity.Physics project to device
- Prefab instance with a script that automatically sets the parent of it creates a duplicate of itself after exiting Prefab mode
- Unity Ads Package conflict with Moq framework