Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.1
[UWP][IL2CPP] Projects built with IL2CPP fail to build and deploy in VS to Windows Phone 10 devices
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Build WSA player with Universal 10 SDK, Target: Mobile using IL2CPP scripting backend
3. Open VS solution
4. Deploy project on Windows Phone 10 device using Debug/ARM configuration
Result: Build fails and deploy isn't even started, error: Compiling Desktop applications for the ARM platform is not supported
Reproduced with: 5.5.0a5, 5.5.0f3, 5.6.0b1
Not reproducible with: 5.4.3f1, 5.5.0a2
Regression introduced in 5.5.0a3 - 5.5.0a5
1>------ Build started: Project: Il2CppOutputProject, Configuration: Debug ARM ------
1> Building GameAssembly.dll with MsvcWinRtToolChain.
1> Output directory: C:\Users\WPMinion\Downloads\WSA_RAT\New folder (2)\build\bin\ARM\Debug
1> Cache directory: C:\Users\WPMinion\Downloads\WSA_RAT\New folder (2)\build\obj\il2cppOutputProject\ARM\Debug
1> ObjectFiles: 432 of which compiled: 0
1> Total compilation time: 1903 milliseconds.
1> Building MapFileParser.exe with MsvcDesktopToolChain.
1> Output directory: C:\Users\WPMinion\Downloads\WSA_RAT\New folder (2)\build\obj\il2cppOutputProject\ARM\Debug\MapFileParserCache\build
1> Cache directory: C:\Users\WPMinion\Downloads\WSA_RAT\New folder (2)\build\obj\il2cppOutputProject\ARM\Debug\MapFileParserCache
1> ObjectFiles: 16 of which compiled: 0
1> Total compilation time: 179 milliseconds.
1> Cleaned up 0 object files.
1> Encoding map file using command: C:\Users\WPMinion\Downloads\WSA_RAT\New folder (2)\build\obj\il2cppOutputProject\ARM\Debug\MapFileParserCache\build\MapFileParser.exe -format=MSVC "C:\Users\WPMinion\Downloads\WSA_RAT\New folder (2)\build\bin\ARM\Debug\GameAssembly.map" "C:\Users\WPMinion\Downloads\WSA_RAT\New folder (2)\build\bin\ARM\Debug\SymbolMap"
1> Cleaned up 1 object files.
2>------ Build started: Project: WSA_RAT, Configuration: Debug ARM ------
2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.14393.0\ucrt\corecrt.h(226): fatal error C1189: #error: Compiling Desktop applications for the ARM platform is not supported.
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========
Open "<GameName>.vcxproj" file with a text editor, find this tag:
And change it to this:
You only have to do this once in exported VS project because Unity does not overwrite this file when the project is built on top of it.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When "draw instanced" is changed for entire terrain group and then undone, it is only undone for the terrain that was selected
- Custom Inspectors OnDisable still called after Asset has been deleted
- [Build Pipeline, Meshes] Mesh Optimization is not using enabled Material Keywords
- [UWP][MR] Development console is in incorrect position in Window Mixed Reality app
- Native Plugin regression from 2018.x results in "DllNotFoundException" error