Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Fixed in 2017.4, 2018.2
UWP CPP projects report not having a splash screen set which fails deployment
1. open attached project
2. build project to UWP - IL2CPP
3. Deploy the project to Hololens
DEP8000 : Unexpected deployment failure : RemoteCommandException : AppxManifest.xml(28,27): error 0x80070002: Cannot install or update package Template3D_pzq3xp76mxafg because the splash screen image [SplashScreen.png] cannot be located. Verify that the package contains an image that can be used as a splash screen for the application, and that the package manifest points to the correct location in the package where this splash screen image can be found.
NOTE: This bug only occurs when using latest Visual Studio 2017 update (version 15.8). Microsoft might also fix the bug on their end as well (in a later update), and so please use this specific version when attempting a repro.
Generate new Visual Assets in Package.appxmanifest (open the build solution file with Visual Studio, select the Package.appxmanifest file, then in the Visual Assets tab set the Source to some image, and press Generate button).
Open the <project name>.vcxproj file in the build/<project name> directory using a notepad or other text editor. Remove the "<ExcludeFromResourceIndex>true</ExcludeFromResourceIndex>" code line, which is located two lines below line "<None Include="Assets\SplashScreen.scale-200.png">". Then save the file.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Textures] CubemapArray API forces duplicate code because you cannot access individual cubemaps directly
- Duplicating a Prefab instance in the Scene will cause instances of the same Prefab to be disabled and re-enabled
- GUI.Button and GUILayout.Button stay in the normal GUIStyleState even when the normal GUIStyleState is changed to another one
- Particle System mesh UV coordinates change when mesh's geometry layout is changed on import
- [Windows] The Unity import progress is not shown in the Windows taskbar