Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
UWP CPP projects report not having a splash screen set which fails deployment
1. open attached project
2. build project to UWP - IL2CPP
3. Deploy the project to Hololens
DEP8000 : Unexpected deployment failure : RemoteCommandException : AppxManifest.xml(28,27): error 0x80070002: Cannot install or update package Template3D_pzq3xp76mxafg because the splash screen image [SplashScreen.png] cannot be located. Verify that the package contains an image that can be used as a splash screen for the application, and that the package manifest points to the correct location in the package where this splash screen image can be found.
NOTE: This bug only occurs when using latest Visual Studio 2017 update (version 15.8). Microsoft might also fix the bug on their end as well (in a later update), and so please use this specific version when attempting a repro.
Generate new Visual Assets in Package.appxmanifest (open the build solution file with Visual Studio, select the Package.appxmanifest file, then in the Visual Assets tab set the Source to some image, and press Generate button).
Open the <project name>.vcxproj file in the build/<project name> directory using a notepad or other text editor. Remove the "<ExcludeFromResourceIndex>true</ExcludeFromResourceIndex>" code line, which is located two lines below line "<None Include="Assets\SplashScreen.scale-200.png">". Then save the file.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- UI references to public script functions lost on upgrade
- [Lighting] Infinitely shown error after assigning 2D texture to cubemap property of reflection probe
- Unity Crashes when importing a prefab containing missing nested prefab
- Profile Analyzer - top marker bar doesn't match calls list
- Polygon Collider 2D's "Edit Collider" button breaks if multiple inspectors are open