Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Fixed in 2017.4.X, 2018.2.X
UWP CPP projects report not having a splash screen set which fails deployment
1. open attached project
2. build project to UWP - IL2CPP
3. Deploy the project to Hololens
DEP8000 : Unexpected deployment failure : RemoteCommandException : AppxManifest.xml(28,27): error 0x80070002: Cannot install or update package Template3D_pzq3xp76mxafg because the splash screen image [SplashScreen.png] cannot be located. Verify that the package contains an image that can be used as a splash screen for the application, and that the package manifest points to the correct location in the package where this splash screen image can be found.
NOTE: This bug only occurs when using latest Visual Studio 2017 update (version 15.8). Microsoft might also fix the bug on their end as well (in a later update), and so please use this specific version when attempting a repro.
Generate new Visual Assets in Package.appxmanifest (open the build solution file with Visual Studio, select the Package.appxmanifest file, then in the Visual Assets tab set the Source to some image, and press Generate button).
Open the <project name>.vcxproj file in the build/<project name> directory using a notepad or other text editor. Remove the "<ExcludeFromResourceIndex>true</ExcludeFromResourceIndex>" code line, which is located two lines below line "<None Include="Assets\SplashScreen.scale-200.png">". Then save the file.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- IL2CPP Player crashes when there aren't enough Thread Static Slots
- Articulation Body tree changes behavior after attaching a trigger Collider
- Fatal freeze when playing a VFX made with VFX Graph and consisting many effects
- "Failed to download Build.data.br file" error is thrown when building projects for WebGL with the Compression Format set to "Brotli"
- Documentation Link does not work when the "New Panel Settings" question mark is clicked
Apr 02, 2019 19:29
Issue recurs in 2018.2.0f2. Was the solution not implemented in prior versions?
Dec 28, 2018 19:10
Happened to me again in 2018.3.0f2 and VS 2017 version 15.9.4 when I tried to deployed UWP to an Xbox.