Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X
Using stackalloc causes a hard crash with stack buffer overflow exception code
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "TestCrash.zip" project
2. Open scene "SampleScene"
3. Enter Play mode
Results: The Editor crashes and the bug reporter does not appear
Reproducible with: 2018.4.5f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.1f1, 2019.3.0a11
Note: Could not test with the 2017.4 branch since the code uses features that are not part of the C# 6.0 language specification
Nov 10, 2020 09:40
Not sure why this has been closed, also can't vote for that reason. The issue was logged against 2018 and 2019 but the fix has only been listed for 2018 and 2020. Any reason why 2019 (which has a current LTS) has been ignored?
Nov 10, 2020 08:49
This bugfix is sadly not fixed on 2019.4 which blocks progress on a project that has to stay on that version of Unity, possible if this can be backported?
Sep 28, 2020 19:59
Are the plans to backport this to 2019.4? I have a project that's affected by this and even using 2019.4.11f1 will result in a crash.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Exceeding the platform's supported light limit gives shadow distortion when using Deferred Rendering Path
- URP Sample Buffer Image Tile is moved when the Offset Value is changed
- Static constructor in a struct returns false when running tests with IL2CPP
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Fix crash that may occur when using stackalloc.