Search Issue Tracker
Using ⌘+B or CTRL+B to open Build Settings window results in an error on newly created projects
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a new project (important).
2) When the project is open in Unity, press ⌘+B on Mac or CTRL+B on Windows.
An error appears in the Console:
UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: Build location for buildTarget StandaloneOSXIntel64is not valid.
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.GetBuildPlayerOptions (BuildPlayerOptions defaultBuildPlayerOptions) [0x001cd] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:224
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x0002e] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:78
The Build Settings window can still be opened using ⌘+Shift+B or CTRL+Shift+B or via menu bar.
After this is done, ⌘+B and CTRL+B starts working as well.
If the project is closed and reopening, the bug disappears.
Expected result: Build Settings window pops up.
Actual result: Error appears; the build window doesn't appear.
This happens on both macOS and Windows with all platforms selected (iOS, Android, Standalone).
2017.1.0b4, 2017.1.0b1, 2017.1.0a6
Did not reproduce:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Perforce integration - Attempting to add a P4Ignore ignored file does nothing
- [GPU PLM] 100% repro crash when baking EnterTheRoom with 4K maps when using system allocator
- Characters in text fields are shown in GUI.TextArea when IME characters are typed in Editor's search fields
- [CPU PLM] LODs which have a small geometry are not baking correctly
- OnDrawGizmos function is not called when the "Enter Play Mode Options" is enabled