Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Fixed in 2019.2
Using .NET API 4.x increases performance spike in Scripts twice when selecting an object with a script for the first time
1. Open "MinimalRepro.zip" project
2. Open the Profiler and enable "Deep Profile" and "Profile Editor"
3. Record and Enter Play mode
4. Click on "GameObject" in the Hierarchy window
5. Turn off Record and Exit Play mode
6. Notice a spike of ~800ms in Scripts
7. Change the Scripting Runtime Version to .NET API 4.x
8. Repeat steps 2-6
9. Notice a spike of ~1600ms in Scripts
Expected Result: .NET API 4.x has the same performance as .NET API 3.5
Actual Result: Using .NET API 4.x decreases performance in Scripts twice
Reproduced with: 2019.2.0a4, 2019.1.0b2, 2018.3.5f1, 2017.4.20f1
The script attached to the "GameObject' just has a public GameObject
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Awake is called in a different order when IProcessSceneWithReport.OnProcessScene() is called in the Editor and the Build
- LightEvent.AfterShadowMap CommandBuffer events are not being called when race condition occurs
- GUI Items are not found and highlighted when using Highligher.Highlight() method
- Opening a nested Prefab consisting of two prefabs results in a corrupted and broken prefab which becomes a Prefab variant.
- Visual C# Compiler fails to locate assembly if response file compiler argument path contains spaces