Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Fixed in 2019.2
Using .NET API 4.x increases performance spike in Scripts twice when selecting an object with a script for the first time
1. Open "MinimalRepro.zip" project
2. Open the Profiler and enable "Deep Profile" and "Profile Editor"
3. Record and Enter Play mode
4. Click on "GameObject" in the Hierarchy window
5. Turn off Record and Exit Play mode
6. Notice a spike of ~800ms in Scripts
7. Change the Scripting Runtime Version to .NET API 4.x
8. Repeat steps 2-6
9. Notice a spike of ~1600ms in Scripts
Expected Result: .NET API 4.x has the same performance as .NET API 3.5
Actual Result: Using .NET API 4.x decreases performance in Scripts twice
Reproduced with: 2019.2.0a4, 2019.1.0b2, 2018.3.5f1, 2017.4.20f1
The script attached to the "GameObject' just has a public GameObject
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Backgrounds of Editor windows are changed to a texture when method ImageConversion.LoadImage is called
- Lightmapper is slow when using "Always Refresh"
- [VerticalLayoutGroup] Children position is not updated when a child's scale is animated
- [Android] Can't relocate the caret in Input Fields when Hide Mobile Input option is being used
- Multiple Edge Colliders 2D can be edited at the same time, every Edge Collider's "Edit Collider" button is highlighted