Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1
AssetDatabase.LoadAllAssetsAtPath fails to load built in assets
In Unity 2018.2, when attempting to use the "AssetDatabase.LoadAllAssetsAtPath" to load the assets from either "Library/unity default resources" or "Resources/unity_builtin_extra", a Object is returned populated with the corresponding assets stored within. However, if you attempt to do this in Unity 2018.3, the returned Object is empty.
1. Download attached project "2018.2 - LoadDefaultandBuiltinResources.zip and open in Unity
2. Press the Menu item labelled "Tests" and execute both functions "Library > unity default resources" and "Resources > unity_builtin_extra"
3. Observe that the text printed to the Console states that no objects were loaded
Expected behavior: Using LoadAllAssetsAtPath to load the paths would load the objects stored at the path
Actual behavior: Using LoadAllAssetsAtPath to load the paths does not load objects stored at paths, and leaves the expecting Object empty
- This issue appears on both Windows and macOS
Reproduced on Unity 2018.3.0a1, 2018.3.0f1 and 2019.1.0a11
Not reproduced on Unity 2018.2.19f1
Regression on Unity 2018.3.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] Unity licensing command on Linux doesn't complete when using -batchmode and -nographics
- SerializedReference GameObject property gets set to null after entering Play mode
- Profiler - RawFrameDataIterator ThreadID will always return 0 for profiler frame data loaded from .data files
- Crash on scripting_field_get_type when a Script has List<> of LayoutKind.Explicit struct with [FieldOffset(1)] ScriptableObject
- Frame Debugger doesn't work when using Camera.SetTargetBuffers