Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1
AssetDatabase.LoadAllAssetsAtPath fails to load built in assets
In Unity 2018.2, when attempting to use the "AssetDatabase.LoadAllAssetsAtPath" to load the assets from either "Library/unity default resources" or "Resources/unity_builtin_extra", a Object is returned populated with the corresponding assets stored within. However, if you attempt to do this in Unity 2018.3, the returned Object is empty.
1. Download attached project "2018.2 - LoadDefaultandBuiltinResources.zip and open in Unity
2. Press the Menu item labelled "Tests" and execute both functions "Library > unity default resources" and "Resources > unity_builtin_extra"
3. Observe that the text printed to the Console states that no objects were loaded
Expected behavior: Using LoadAllAssetsAtPath to load the paths would load the objects stored at the path
Actual behavior: Using LoadAllAssetsAtPath to load the paths does not load objects stored at paths, and leaves the expecting Object empty
- This issue appears on both Windows and macOS
Reproduced on Unity 2018.3.0a1, 2018.3.0f1 and 2019.1.0a11
Not reproduced on Unity 2018.2.19f1
Regression on Unity 2018.3.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Builds that contain terrain using the Nature/Terrain/Standard shader produce errors when run in headless mode
- When the registry value for "TimeZoneKeyName" is invalid, "TimeZoneNotFoundException" exceptions are thrown
- [2018.4] UnityWebRequest.java has a sHostnameVerifier which doesn't have server identity check implemented
- Secondary hidden Hierarchy windows pop up when a new gameObject is created in another Hierarchy window
- UI Details profiler does not display any information when selected and throws exceptions when UI module is disabled