Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.1
Using 'Build & Run' crashes Unity Editor if a progress bar displays before deployment, OSX Sierra only
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. Make sure that Sprite Packer is enabled (Editor Settings)
3. Try to build the project using 'Build & Run' for iOS/AppleTV/Android (standalone won't work)
4. Editor will crash during the build
Like mentioned above, standalone player builds fine, however, iOS/AppleTV/Android causes the editor to crash. Likely to be observed on other platforms, haven't checked.
Disabling Sprite Packer prevents the crash.
Using just 'Build' also prevents the crash.
Issue also occurs with Legacy Sprite Packer if user assigns a tag to a sprite and presses Build & Run before pressing Play/Pack (ie. the user is forcing the sprite packer to pack only at the point of deployment, which should force a progress bar to display)
Occurring on: macOS 10.12.4, 10.12.2
Not occurring: OSX 10.11.2
Reproduced with: 2017.1.0b2, 2017.1.0b3
Couldn't check with 2017.1.0b1 due to other bug that prevents using 'Build & Run' at all
Did not reproduce on: 2017.1.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- One Input axis does not work after using Input.ResetInputAxes() while both axes are held down
- [UWP] Build fails when the project folder name has non-ascii character.
- [Audio] DSP Buffer Size sets to Best performance when pressing trying to set to default
- [iOS] In the generated XCode project all files which are in a ".plugin" Plug-in file becomes a Folder
- [Editor][UI] Dpad is not listed in the Binding Path when Action type is Vector2