Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.9f1, 2023.1.0a22
Fix In Review for 2021.3.X
User gets "ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null." error during category duplication
How to reproduce:
# Open HUB;
# Create 3D(HDRP) project;
# Create visual effect graph in the "Project" window (Create->Visual Effects-> Visual Effect Graph);
# Drag it to the "Scene" window;
# Select newly created graph in the "Project" window and go to "Inspector" window;
# Click "Open" button;
# In the opened graph window turn on "Blackboard";
# Click "+" in it and select "Category";
# Select added category and make a right click on it;
# Select "Rename" function;
# Delete default title, enter one space and click "Enter";
# Select the same category and make a right click on it again;
# Select "Duplicate".
Expected result: User should get validation message during category saving with the space instead of the title.
Actual result: Console displays error "ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null."
Reproducible with: 12.1.7 (2021.3.12f1), 13.1.8 (2022.1.21f1), 14.0.3 (2022.2.0b12), 15.0.1 (2023.1.0a15).
Could not test with: 10.10.0 (2020.3.41f1), because "Duplicate" functionality not available on this stream.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Outlines are visible on Mesh when Alpha Clipping is enabled and Surface Type is set to Opaque
- UI Elements are not getting focused when navigating through using arrow keys if they’re placed in a specific position
- Deleted scene selection is wonky in the Build Settings
- [macOS] "Preventing Sleep" setting is set to "Yes" in a built Player application
- [Quest][URP] Enabling post processing on a camera when it's disabled on the URP settings forces rendering into an intermediate texture
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2.9f1):
Revision: 2022.2/staging 1cc571a6ec95
Built: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 12:05:30 GMT