Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 11.1.0
Fixed in 7.5.2, 10.3.0
Found in [Package]
[URP] ScriptableRendererFeatureEditor memory leak while interacting with Forward Renderer in the Project window
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project named "MemoryLeakSRP"
2. Open Profiler window, on the Memory section, select Detailed
3. In the Project window open the Settings folder and select the ForwardRenderer asset
4. In the Profiler window, Click "Take Sample Playmode"
5. Observe the number of entries in the "Not Saved" -> "MonoBehaviour" category
6. In the Project window select and deselect the ForwardRenderer asset a couple of times
7. In the Profiler window, Click "Take Sample Playmode" again
8. Observe the number of entries and objects under "Not Saved" -> "MonoBehaviour"
Expected result: There are no duplicate objects that would indicate a memory leak
Actual result: Endless copies of UnityEditor.Rendering.Universal.ScriptableRendererFeatureEditor can be found suggesting a memory leak
Reproducible with: 7.3.1(2019.3.2f1), 7.5.1(2019.4.14f1), 8.2.0(2020.1.13f1), 10.1.0(2020.2.0b11), 11.0.0(2021.1.0a5)
Not reproducible with: 7.2.1(2019.3.2f1)
Could not test with: 2018.4.27f1(URP was not yet available)
1. Steps 4 to 8 can be repeated multiple times to illustrate the continuous increase of objects under the MonoBehaviour behavior section. These objects are only cleared if the project is restarted
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] The safe area value changes when reopening the app in Landscape orientation
- Light flickering when using Forward+ on Mobile
- Crash on mono_g_hash_table_find_slot when entering Play Mode
- [iOS] Crash when pressing "Done" on the keyboard layout
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets