Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 11.1.0
Fixed in 7.5.2, 10.3.0
Found in [Package]
[URP] ScriptableRendererFeatureEditor memory leak while interacting with Forward Renderer in the Project window
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project named "MemoryLeakSRP"
2. Open Profiler window, on the Memory section, select Detailed
3. In the Project window open the Settings folder and select the ForwardRenderer asset
4. In the Profiler window, Click "Take Sample Playmode"
5. Observe the number of entries in the "Not Saved" -> "MonoBehaviour" category
6. In the Project window select and deselect the ForwardRenderer asset a couple of times
7. In the Profiler window, Click "Take Sample Playmode" again
8. Observe the number of entries and objects under "Not Saved" -> "MonoBehaviour"
Expected result: There are no duplicate objects that would indicate a memory leak
Actual result: Endless copies of UnityEditor.Rendering.Universal.ScriptableRendererFeatureEditor can be found suggesting a memory leak
Reproducible with: 7.3.1(2019.3.2f1), 7.5.1(2019.4.14f1), 8.2.0(2020.1.13f1), 10.1.0(2020.2.0b11), 11.0.0(2021.1.0a5)
Not reproducible with: 7.2.1(2019.3.2f1)
Could not test with: 2018.4.27f1(URP was not yet available)
1. Steps 4 to 8 can be repeated multiple times to illustrate the continuous increase of objects under the MonoBehaviour behavior section. These objects are only cleared if the project is restarted
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Element UI disappears and NullReferenceException is thrown when dragging off the last or first element from the list in the Inspector
- [Silicon] Crash on ScriptableRenderLoopJob when machine is left idle while the Editor is in Play mode
- [Android] GraphicsBuffer.CopyCount does not work with Append Compute Buffer after Compute Shader Dispatch on some Android devices
- "DirectoryNotFoundException" error when building a project via script in one folder, then building via Editor in another, deleting the folder built via Editor and rebuilding via Script
- New items are created and old ones remain in memory when using 'treeView.SetRootItems(items)' and 'treeView.Rebuild()' which can cause a memory leak