Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 7.3.0
Fixed in 7.2.2, 7.3.0, 8.1.0
Found in [Package]
8.0.1, 7.2.0, 7.1.8, 7.1.5, 7.1.1
[URP] NullReferenceException threw on adding the "Light 2D (Experimental)" component when 2d render data not assigned.
Adding the "Light 2D (Experimental)" component causes the editor to throw NullReferenceException continuously when 2D render data not assigned to URP Pipeline, refer attached video.
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new project
2. Windows > Package Manager >Universal RP > Install
3. Create a URP Pipeline.
4. Edit > Project Setting >Graphics > Scriptable Render Pipeline Setting > URP Pipeline >Select
5. Hierarchy > Create Empty GameObject
6. Add "Light 2D (Experimental)" component in the Inspector
NullReferenceException is thrown on adding the "Light 2D (Experimental)" component when 2d render data not assigned
No Error in Console and "2D render data Not assigned " message shows.
Tested with Unity versions:
2020.2.0a2, 2020.1.0b1, 2019.3.3f1, 2019.3.0b4
Package found version: 8.0.1, 7.2.0, 7.1.8, 7.1.5, 7.1.1
Package working fine version: 7.0.1
Windows 10 & macOS 10.14
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.Experimental.Rendering.Universal.Light2DEditorUtility.GetRenderer2DData () (at Library/PackageCachefirstname.lastname@example.org/Editor/2D/Light2DEditorUtility.cs:103)
UnityEditor.Experimental.Rendering.Universal.Light2DEditor.OnEnable () (at Library/PackageCacheemail@example.com/Editor/2D/Light2DEditor.cs:201)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform