Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 7.3.0
Fixed in 7.2.2, 7.3.0, 8.1.0
Found in [Package]
8.0.1, 7.2.0, 7.1.8, 7.1.5, 7.1.1
[URP] NullReferenceException threw on adding the "Light 2D (Experimental)" component when 2d render data not assigned.
Adding the "Light 2D (Experimental)" component causes the editor to throw NullReferenceException continuously when 2D render data not assigned to URP Pipeline, refer attached video.
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new project
2. Windows > Package Manager >Universal RP > Install
3. Create a URP Pipeline.
4. Edit > Project Setting >Graphics > Scriptable Render Pipeline Setting > URP Pipeline >Select
5. Hierarchy > Create Empty GameObject
6. Add "Light 2D (Experimental)" component in the Inspector
NullReferenceException is thrown on adding the "Light 2D (Experimental)" component when 2d render data not assigned
No Error in Console and "2D render data Not assigned " message shows.
Tested with Unity versions:
2020.2.0a2, 2020.1.0b1, 2019.3.3f1, 2019.3.0b4
Package found version: 8.0.1, 7.2.0, 7.1.8, 7.1.5, 7.1.1
Package working fine version: 7.0.1
Windows 10 & macOS 10.14
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.Experimental.Rendering.Universal.Light2DEditorUtility.GetRenderer2DData () (at Library/PackageCacheemail@example.com/Editor/2D/Light2DEditorUtility.cs:103)
UnityEditor.Experimental.Rendering.Universal.Light2DEditor.OnEnable () (at Library/PackageCachefirstname.lastname@example.org/Editor/2D/Light2DEditor.cs:201)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Element UI disappears and NullReferenceException is thrown when dragging off the last or first element from the list in the Inspector
- [Silicon] Crash on ScriptableRenderLoopJob when machine is left idle while the Editor is in Play mode
- [Android] GraphicsBuffer.CopyCount does not work with Append Compute Buffer after Compute Shader Dispatch on some Android devices
- "DirectoryNotFoundException" error when building a project via script in one folder, then building via Editor in another, deleting the folder built via Editor and rebuilding via Script
- New items are created and old ones remain in memory when using 'treeView.SetRootItems(items)' and 'treeView.Rebuild()' which can cause a memory leak