Search Issue Tracker
Found in [Package]
[URP] Drag-n-drop texture onto object with URP Lit shader does not assign texture to _BaseMap property
How to reproduce:
1. Open a new URP template project
2. Add a new cube
3. Drag-n-drop a texture from the project window to cube in the scene view window
Expected result: _BaseMap is assigned and Lit material shows the texture that was dragged
Actual result: A new material with no base map is created, and assigned to the cube
Reproducible with: 2019.4.10f1(7.0.1, 7.4.3), 2020.1.5f1(8.2.0), 2020.2.0b2(9.0.0-preview.55, 10.1.0-preview.20)
Could not test with: 2018.4.27f1(URP was not yet available)
1. Does not reproduce with HDRP(Tested with 2020.1.5f1 and HDRP 8.2.0)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] “Input.GetMouseButtonDown” gets set to true when pressing and when releasing the mouse button in the Device Simulator view if "targetFrameRate" is set in the script
- UWP Capabilities are not changed when rebuilding the project
- [Oculus] Lights causing artifacts when Forward+ Rendering is selected
- Game Window Icons are white when in light mode
- Crash on VFXMemorySerializer::StoreObjects when converting to Subgraph Block
This has been fixed in 2021.1.0a1 (checked using URP 10.1 from Github).
Drag and drop now auto-generates a material and correctly assigns the texture to the albedo.