Search Issue Tracker
Unity YAML Upgrading project to 2019.3 Asset Database V2 makes the project crash on startup
1. Create a new project with 2019.2.0a14 (Asset Database V1)
2. Import Package "pref.unitypackage" (note 1)
3. Ignore errors in the console
4. Try to upgrade the project to 2019.3 (prompt to update to Asset Database V2)
Unexpected behaviour: Unity crashes!
5. Open the project in 2019.2.0a14 again
6. Delete prefab "ModelPlacement2D"
7. Upgrade the project to 2019.3 (Asset Database V2)
The project successfully launches (note 2)
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a1, 2019.3.14f1
Not reproducible with: 2019.2.21f1, 2020.1.0b8, 2020.2.0a10
1. The package is "ModelPlacement2D" prefab exported from the user's project
2. In users original project this corrupts all Scene and Prefab files (check image001)
3. The 2019.2 version can be anything (tested 2019.2.0a14, 2019.2.17f1, 2019.2.21f1)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Superluminal fails to resolve symbols after mono upgrade
- Windows Standalone player builds with Mono scripting backend don't run on fresh windows installs
- RootEditor predicate for GameObjects disables Drag and Drop in the Scene View
- Slider OnValueChanged event is not called when changing value from the Inspector
- [Static Analysis] Defect 672865 in Modules/QuickSearch/Editor/QueryEngine/QueryToken.cs