Search Issue Tracker
Unity YAML Upgrading project to 2019.3 Asset Database V2 makes the project crash on startup
1. Create a new project with 2019.2.0a14 (Asset Database V1)
2. Import Package "pref.unitypackage" (note 1)
3. Ignore errors in the console
4. Try to upgrade the project to 2019.3 (prompt to update to Asset Database V2)
Unexpected behaviour: Unity crashes!
5. Open the project in 2019.2.0a14 again
6. Delete prefab "ModelPlacement2D"
7. Upgrade the project to 2019.3 (Asset Database V2)
The project successfully launches (note 2)
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a1, 2019.3.14f1
Not reproducible with: 2019.2.21f1, 2020.1.0b8, 2020.2.0a10
1. The package is "ModelPlacement2D" prefab exported from the user's project
2. In users original project this corrupts all Scene and Prefab files (check image001)
3. The 2019.2 version can be anything (tested 2019.2.0a14, 2019.2.17f1, 2019.2.21f1)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets
- Decompressing a DeflateStream under IL2CPP misses a few bytes
- Referred style sheet stays dirty after saving when using the UIBuilder
- The Height map Amplitude is not working when using HDRP/LayeredLit
- Infinite inertial tensor rotation values are not discarded (both AB and RB)