Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Updating Animator from Event recursively triggers event
I call a method from an AnimationClip event. If I call Animator.Update from inside that method the Animator will re-trigger the event, resulting in a endlessly recusive call and stack overflow. This occurs even if attempting to change the Animator state.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project's scene "Main".
2. Enter play mode.
3. Select Canvas/"Animation Root" game object.
4. Press "Hide: button under "Animated Object" script
5. Unity gets stuck.
Reproduced with 5.2.0f3, 5.4.0b12.
Does not reproduce on 5.1.4f1 and earlier
Windows 10 64bit
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- UI Toolkit's MinMaxSlider snaps unexpectedly in Runtime
- [2D] [URP] Objects are rendered twice when Foremost Sorting Layer is enabled
- Physics applied to Rigidbody is not fully disabled when setting the Rigidbody to Kinematic
- Scene view turns black when using a custom Mesh Renderer
- VFX Graph ZWrite has no effect when using URP PostProcessing DoF effect