Search Issue Tracker
Unwrapper gives different results between platforms
In 5.x we no longer run the same unwrapper DLL on Windows and Mac. This means that when GI data is built on one platform with a certain set of lightmapping UVs (the realtime GI UVs are based on those, and the baked lightmaps use them too) the UVs produced on another platform during mesh import can be different.
The resulting mesh can thus have a different vertex count.
This is a regression compared to late 4.x.
This is a problem when loading the data built on one platform on another platform the UVs will not match with the output and one will see garbled output in the scene.
The realtime GI UV's patched from the snapshot can have a different count than the vertex count of the mesh and that leads to errors when batching:
"Failed setting triangles. Some indices are referencing out of bounds vertices. IndexCount: XXXX, VertexCount: YYYY"
Currently the only workaround is to rebuild lighting on each Editor platform.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Graphview] click-drag select on input field that ends outside of the field deselects when left mouse button is released
- Animation and Animator windows have some styling issues
- Some previews needs to be restyled
- PreviewRenderUtility.camera.backgroundColor doesn't have any effect on the preview window
- [Terrain] Camera Preview (when Camera object is selected) does not diplay terrain when Draw Instanced (Regression)