Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.12f1, 2022.1.21f1, 2022.2.0b10, 2023.1.0a11
Unlit Shader uses more than 100MB of memory when in Player
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "Shader_Variant_Chunking_Repro.zip"
2. Open Assets/Scenes/Main.unity
3. Build And Run the project
4. In the Profiler window select the memory module
5. Take a memory sample
Expected results: Assets>Shader>Unlit/NewUnlitShader uses only a few MB of memory
Actual results: Assets>Shader>Unlit/NewUnlitShader uses more than 100MB of memory
Reproducible with: 2019.4.30f1, 2020.3.18f1, 2021.1.20f1, 2022.1.0a8
Not reproducible with: 2021.2.0b12, 2022.1.0a7
Notes: Reproducible on Windows 10 and macOS
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader warnings are thrown when creating a new empty 3D HDRP project
- Crash on tlsf_free when exiting the Play mode in a specific project
- Advanced Object Picker switches to Classic with Error "Exception caught with search engine (Object Selector)Advanced" when opening multiple Object Picker windows
- The "secondary" touchpoint reverts to the previous position when the "primary" touchpoint is released and re-engaged on WebGL applications
- GameObject with Visual Effect Graph Component is blooming when the VFX Graph Color is set to "0" and Alpha is set "1"