Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.3
UnityWebRequest GetAssetBundle crashes when downloaded content is empty
1. Deploy my attached file(test.php) to server OR create any kind of method that would return a empty body on your backend
2. Create new Unity project
3. Attach user attached script(ExampleClass.cs) to a gameObejct.
3. Play scene
Internal error: Invalid AssetBundle load state - date recompressor is not initialized should pop up in console and Unity should crash afterwards.
I guess when body returned from server is empty, WebRequest is getting stuck and that is causing freeze/crash.
Reproduced with: 5.3.6p2, 5.4.0f3, 5.5.0b5
Not reproduced with: 5.2.0f3(it does not crash, but does not inform user about WebRequest body being empty).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- 'Can't add script' pop-up warns about abstract classes when dragging static classes onto GameObjects
- [Hub] Project "Remove from list" option is behind notifications when selecting the most bottom project in the list
- [Android][Vulkan] Black Screen renders on devices with Adreno 640 and Mali GPU's
- Sound/Audio is played when the VideoPlayer's attached AudioSource game object is disabled
- A Parser Failure error is thrown after importing a specific Animation file to a Unity project