Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.3
UnityWebRequest GetAssetBundle crashes when downloaded content is empty
1. Deploy my attached file(test.php) to server OR create any kind of method that would return a empty body on your backend
2. Create new Unity project
3. Attach user attached script(ExampleClass.cs) to a gameObejct.
3. Play scene
Internal error: Invalid AssetBundle load state - date recompressor is not initialized should pop up in console and Unity should crash afterwards.
I guess when body returned from server is empty, WebRequest is getting stuck and that is causing freeze/crash.
Reproduced with: 5.3.6p2, 5.4.0f3, 5.5.0b5
Not reproduced with: 5.2.0f3(it does not crash, but does not inform user about WebRequest body being empty).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.UnityAPICompatibilityVersionAttribute..ctor
- [URP] Cannot assign overlay cameras to a camera stack while in Prefab Mode.
- "Go to previous Keyframe" button/shortcut does not work in the Animation Window
- Passing Scene names to LoadScene(Async)InPlayMode instead of full path loads empty Scenes
- [Linux] [Editor] Input.GetAxis("Mouse ScrollWheel") always returns 0 when Cursor.lockState is set to CursorLockMode.Locked