Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.3
UnityWebRequest GetAssetBundle crashes when downloaded content is empty
1. Deploy my attached file(test.php) to server OR create any kind of method that would return a empty body on your backend
2. Create new Unity project
3. Attach user attached script(ExampleClass.cs) to a gameObejct.
3. Play scene
Internal error: Invalid AssetBundle load state - date recompressor is not initialized should pop up in console and Unity should crash afterwards.
I guess when body returned from server is empty, WebRequest is getting stuck and that is causing freeze/crash.
Reproduced with: 5.3.6p2, 5.4.0f3, 5.5.0b5
Not reproduced with: 5.2.0f3(it does not crash, but does not inform user about WebRequest body being empty).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] There is no way to tell if you are running under Rosetta
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)
- Stack frames are missing from Console window when in Full Stack trace mode
- An error is returned and no package is listed if an invalid package is hosted on a scoped registry
- Crash with ComputeTileMeshJob when generating Navmesh