Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.3
UnityWebRequest GetAssetBundle crashes when downloaded content is empty
1. Deploy my attached file(test.php) to server OR create any kind of method that would return a empty body on your backend
2. Create new Unity project
3. Attach user attached script(ExampleClass.cs) to a gameObejct.
3. Play scene
Internal error: Invalid AssetBundle load state - date recompressor is not initialized should pop up in console and Unity should crash afterwards.
I guess when body returned from server is empty, WebRequest is getting stuck and that is causing freeze/crash.
Reproduced with: 5.3.6p2, 5.4.0f3, 5.5.0b5
Not reproduced with: 5.2.0f3(it does not crash, but does not inform user about WebRequest body being empty).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Builds that contain terrain using the Nature/Terrain/Standard shader produce errors when run in headless mode
- When the registry value for "TimeZoneKeyName" is invalid, "TimeZoneNotFoundException" exceptions are thrown
- [2018.4] UnityWebRequest.java has a sHostnameVerifier which doesn't have server identity check implemented
- Secondary hidden Hierarchy windows pop up when a new gameObject is created in another Hierarchy window
- UI Details profiler does not display any information when selected and throws exceptions when UI module is disabled