Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
UnityWebRequest fails on Windows if gzip compression is used
Issue started after upgrade to libcurl 7.75.
Unity never had support for compression on Windows, but it was possible to work it around by decompressing received data manually (was annoying, since on most other platforms decompression was automatic). The newer version of libcurl rejects unsupported encodings, as a result web request fails immediately if gzip compression is requested and results in failure if server disregards headers and send gzip compressed data.
The libcurl upgrade was done in 2020.3 and later, backport to 2019.4 was blocked due to this issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnActiveBuildTargetChanged is not called when changing the build platform
- Silent crash when scripts are recompiled on a specific project
- [Android] Video freezes when built for Android with specific project
- UI element is not displayed when Canvas Render Mode is set to Screen Space-Overlay
- Editor crashes on libetc_init when changing WebGL Texture Format to "RGB + 1-bit Alpha Compressed ETC2 4 bits"