Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
UnityWebRequest fails on Windows if gzip compression is used
Issue started after upgrade to libcurl 7.75.
Unity never had support for compression on Windows, but it was possible to work it around by decompressing received data manually (was annoying, since on most other platforms decompression was automatic). The newer version of libcurl rejects unsupported encodings, as a result web request fails immediately if gzip compression is requested and results in failure if server disregards headers and send gzip compressed data.
The libcurl upgrade was done in 2020.3 and later, backport to 2019.4 was blocked due to this issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Decal Projector with layer mask "nothing" doesn't affect transparent objects when Decal Layers are disabled in frame settings
- "MonoBehaviour.OnApplicationQuit" is still called when quitting is canceled by “Application.wantsToQuit“ returning false
- [2D SG/VFX] Surface options are not shown in Output Inspector when 2D Sprite SG is assigned to VFX
- Collisions are incorrectly registered when setting a joint motor every frame causes
- Terrain shadows flicker while moving the Camera in the Player when Terrain contains GPU instanced materials
Nov 04, 2021 14:07
2021.2.0f1 still gives this error indeed
Oct 30, 2021 09:12
This is not fixed in the Unity 2021.2.0f1.
Aug 04, 2021 02:02
Can confirm that this is NOT fixed in 2021.1.16
Aug 02, 2021 20:17
This is not fixed is 2020.3.14f1 or 2020.3.15f2
Aug 02, 2021 07:47
Fixed in 2020.3.x ? Which version exactly ? Tested 2020.3.14 and the issue was not resolved
Jul 30, 2021 19:41
I'm using Unity 2021.1.x and developing for Android and iOS.
The biggest issue for me is that this error happens in the editor even though I am not building for Windows platform.
Jun 24, 2021 03:49
This issue affects the usability of many third-party SDKs such as Mapbox Maps SDK for Unity that use UnityWebRequest in Unity 2020.3+ with gzip-enabled servers.