Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Planned for 2021.2.X
UnityWebRequest fails on Windows if gzip compression is used
Issue started after upgrade to libcurl 7.75.
Unity never had support for compression on Windows, but it was possible to work it around by decompressing received data manually (was annoying, since on most other platforms decompression was automatic). The newer version of libcurl rejects unsupported encodings, as a result web request fails immediately if gzip compression is requested and results in failure if server disregards headers and send gzip compressed data.
The libcurl upgrade was done in 2020.3 and later, backport to 2019.4 was blocked due to this issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete