Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
UnityWebRequest fails on Windows if gzip compression is used
Issue started after upgrade to libcurl 7.75.
Unity never had support for compression on Windows, but it was possible to work it around by decompressing received data manually (was annoying, since on most other platforms decompression was automatic). The newer version of libcurl rejects unsupported encodings, as a result web request fails immediately if gzip compression is requested and results in failure if server disregards headers and send gzip compressed data.
The libcurl upgrade was done in 2020.3 and later, backport to 2019.4 was blocked due to this issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Created Import Issue Asset doesn't show up in the Project window until the Unity Editor is restarted
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied