Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
[UnityEvent] NullReference error is thrown when selecting a UnityEvent function for a GameObject that has a missing script
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user-submitted project
2. Open the scene "SampleScene" (Assets/SampleScene.unity)
3. In the Project window, delete the Script "B" (Assets/B.cs)
4. In the Hierarchy window, select the GameObject "A"
5. In the Inspector window, under the A script, press the + button
6. In the empty GameObject field, drag the GameObject "B" from the Inspector
7. Select the "No Function" dropdown and inspect the Console window (Window > General > Console)
Expected result: No errors are seen in the Console
Actual result: A NullReferenceException error is seen in the Console
Reproducible with: 2019.4.31f1, 2019.4.34f1, 2020.3.25f1, 2021.2.7f1, 2022.1.0b2
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.30f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first