Search Issue Tracker
UnityEvent drawer does not request appropriate subtype for parameter field
Suppose you have a method like:
void SomeMethod(MyComponent c)
Adding this method to a UnityEvent in the Inspector works, but the object field shown for the argument is just of type 'Object', rather than type 'MyComponent.' This makes it awkward to wire up components as method arguments, because dragging and dropping GameObjects onto the field causes the GameObject itself to be stored as the argument rather than the component.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UI] Color picker tool is stuck in the pixel sampling stage
- Unity 2019.4 opens the manual and scripting reference for 2020.3
- 'View documentation' doesn't open an offline documentation when the package is added from a local disk
- Public variable's value is unable to be changed when it's above a CustomPropertyDrawer field
- Description of the Surface Effector 2D "Use Contact Force" option contains a typo