Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
UnityEditor.PackageManager.Client.Remove returns confusing error when project manifest does not have a "dependencies" property
Attempting to remove a package using UnityEditor.PackageManager.Client.Remove will return the following error if the project manifest "dependencies" property does not exist:
"Cannot use 'in' operator to search for '<package-name>' in undefined"
The attached project contains a "DoRemove.cs" script which adds a menu item under "DEBUG -> Remove". This will log an error containing the message from the Package Manager Remove request.
1. Open the attached project in Unity
2. In the menu bar, click "DEBUG" then "Remove"
The Package Manager Client should return an error stating that the package cannot be removed because the dependency does not exist in the project manifest.
The Package Manager Client returns an error stating that the 'in' operator cannot be used.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Errors are thrown after redoing Nested Prefab Variant creation
- Documentation Link does not work when the "VFX Condition" question mark button is clicked
- Documentation Link does not work when the "Spawn State" question mark button is clicked
- Darker lighting in Build when disabling SSAO at runtime
- Animation glitches when using animation layering with base layer transition interruption