Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
UnityEditor.PackageManager.Client.Remove returns confusing error when project manifest does not have a "dependencies" property
Attempting to remove a package using UnityEditor.PackageManager.Client.Remove will return the following error if the project manifest "dependencies" property does not exist:
"Cannot use 'in' operator to search for '<package-name>' in undefined"
The attached project contains a "DoRemove.cs" script which adds a menu item under "DEBUG -> Remove". This will log an error containing the message from the Package Manager Remove request.
1. Open the attached project in Unity
2. In the menu bar, click "DEBUG" then "Remove"
The Package Manager Client should return an error stating that the package cannot be removed because the dependency does not exist in the project manifest.
The Package Manager Client returns an error stating that the 'in' operator cannot be used.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied
- Lego tutorial does not continue when text fields are updated