Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X
Unity lightmap UV generation fails with "Uv unwrap failed with no error messages" error when reimporting asset
1. Open attached project "LightmapUVs.zip"
2. Observe Console window, check for errors
3. In Project window, select Assets/3D/Strip_N.fb, right-click and Reimport
4. Observe Console window, check for errors
5. In Lighting window, attempt to bake lightmaps
Expected result: No errors after steps 2 and 4 and you're able to bake lightmaps
Actual result: "Uv unwrap failed with no error message", "Error in uv Unwrapper: Process might have crashed", and "uv-unwrap failed for mesh" errors after steps 2 and 4, unable to bake lightmaps
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0a9, 2020.3.6f1, 2021.1.5f1, 2021.2.0a5
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.34f1, 2019.4.25f1, 2020.2.0a8, 2021.2.0a6, 2021.2.0a15
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in 2021.2.0a6
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in: 2020.3.21f1