Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2
Fixed in 2019.4, 2020.2, 2021.1
Unity leaks memory/crashes when trying to open a project with a broken asset
1. Open the attached "BrokenAssetMemory.zip" project
2. Open it from Unity hub
Expected result: Project opens
Actual result: Project freezes on "Importing"
Workaround: Deleting the asset lets upgrade the project. Downgrading to earlier streams and upgrading from there also seems to work sometimes.
Reproducible with: 2019.4.9f1, 2019.4.18f1, 2020.2.0a21, 2020.2.2f1, 2021.1.0b2
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1, 2019.4.8f1, 2020.2.0a1, 2020.2.0a20
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader error db grows on each build
- Android ARCore build fails with 2019.4 due to outdated Gradle
- [tvOS] Visual artifacts are present when Ambient Occlusion is enabled and Dynamic Resolution is reduced
- Texture Importer Inspector throws errors when a built-in texture inspector is overwritten in C#
- Invalid AABB error is thrown when moving a Particle with Velocity over Lifetime and Limit Velocity over Lifetime modules