Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X, 2021.1.X
Unity leaks memory/crashes when trying to open a project with a broken asset
1. Open the attached "BrokenAssetMemory.zip" project
2. Open it from Unity hub
Expected result: Project opens
Actual result: Project freezes on "Importing"
Workaround: Deleting the asset lets upgrade the project. Downgrading to earlier streams and upgrading from there also seems to work sometimes.
Reproducible with: 2019.4.9f1, 2019.4.18f1, 2020.2.0a21, 2020.2.2f1, 2021.1.0b2
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1, 2019.4.8f1, 2020.2.0a1, 2020.2.0a20
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Querying the mapped value of map(…) before ':unityLibrary:compileReleaseJavaWithJavac' when building on Android SDK 31
- Buttons can be Clicked on a different Display than they are seen
- SetRenderTarget does not correctly display the texture when depthSlice is set to -1
- [2D] Texture 2D Array preview looks corrupted when Mip Map Filtering is set to Box at different Mip levels
- [HDRP][XR] Shadergraph tessellation work differently with XR