Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X, 2021.1.X
Unity leaks memory/crashes when trying to open a project with a broken asset
1. Open the attached "BrokenAssetMemory.zip" project
2. Open it from Unity hub
Expected result: Project opens
Actual result: Project freezes on "Importing"
Workaround: Deleting the asset lets upgrade the project. Downgrading to earlier streams and upgrading from there also seems to work sometimes.
Reproducible with: 2019.4.9f1, 2019.4.18f1, 2020.2.0a21, 2020.2.2f1, 2021.1.0b2
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1, 2019.4.8f1, 2020.2.0a1, 2020.2.0a20
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Memory leaks ~100mb with each HTTP request until Player crashes on IL2CPP ARMv7 builds
- Item selection is offset below when UIToolkit ListView is set to dynamic height mode
- Script recompilation doesn't trigger automatically when switching build targets
- Text gets pushed to the left when typing in a text field
- "The provided object cannot be assigned a managed reference ID because it cannot be serialized on a [SerializeReference] field." thrown in the Console window when using SerializationUtility.SetManagedReferenceIdForObject with an Enum value