Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X, 2020.2.X
Validation - Unity on launch can take a while to compile shaders but it tells the user it's Initializing Package Manager
When reopening a project, Unity seems to hang at the "Find Available Build Targets" or "Initializing Package Manager". Unity at this point seems to be recompiling shaders.
The logging is incorrect.
Steps to reproduce
- Clone project email@example.com:unity/benchmark-office.git -b 2020.2.
- Open it, with 2020.2.0b8
- Once finished. Close the project and reopen.
Notice issue - project hangs on "Find Available Build Targets" or "Initializing Package Manager". It's not actually hanging but taking a while to compile without logging. Some customer reports have this up to 10 minutes.
Tested broken: Windows 10, 2020.2.0b6, 2020.2.0b1, 2020.2.0a1 (crashes on reopening), 2020.2.0a15 (crashes on reopening), 2019.4.13f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity drains raw input message queue before Rewired can process each event, making it miss some
- Old input system misses some mouse movement if the new input system is also enabled
- [URP] _ProjectionParams.x with Overlay rendering
- Assertion triggered when using Compile and show code button in Shader inspector
- Wrong elements are selected when holding shift and selecting Game Objects in the Scene Hierarchy