Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X, 2020.2.X
Validation - Unity on launch can take a while to compile shaders but it tells the user it's Initializing Package Manager
When reopening a project, Unity seems to hang at the "Find Available Build Targets" or "Initializing Package Manager". Unity at this point seems to be recompiling shaders.
The logging is incorrect.
Steps to reproduce
- Clone project email@example.com:unity/benchmark-office.git -b 2020.2.
- Open it, with 2020.2.0b8
- Once finished. Close the project and reopen.
Notice issue - project hangs on "Find Available Build Targets" or "Initializing Package Manager". It's not actually hanging but taking a while to compile without logging. Some customer reports have this up to 10 minutes.
Tested broken: Windows 10, 2020.2.0b6, 2020.2.0b1, 2020.2.0a1 (crashes on reopening), 2020.2.0a15 (crashes on reopening), 2019.4.13f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first
- Graphics.DrawProceduralIndirect and Graphics.DrawProceduralNow silently dropped on DX12